Thursday, November 29, 2007

Let's Get Physical, Physical...

After last year's physical, my doctor had not seen me. He got a shock when he saw me today.

I had a physical at the end of last October. At the time, I had lost about 47 pounds, and weighed in at 253 pounds (I am going by my scale, not the one at the doctor's office). Today I was at 164. My cholesterol was down almost 100 points from then, and he was thrilled on both counts.

I still wish that doctors' offices were not kept so cold. Since losing all this weight, I have had problems with being cold all the time. And it is just embarrassing during the hernia check.

I have been on generic Zocor since last year. Getting started was a major fiasco because the doctor prescribed Lipitor, which was not covered on my health insurance. Since there is a generic Zocor, that is what I have been taking ever since. However, while ten dollars a month is quite reasonable, I discovered that if I get it by mail order, it is twenty dollars for a three-month supply. So I have a new prescription, and now I have to wait for the insurance company to send me a form, so I can start getting medicine by mail. Fun.

I absolutely detest dealing with my insurance company. Last year, the kind folks at Rite Aid took care of changing the prescription to the generic, but the people at the doctors' office said that they don't call in mail-order, and that I had to call the insurance company.

It wasn't as bad as I though it would be, but now it is a matter of waiting. My doctor gave me four weeks' worth of Lipitor samples to tide me over until this comes through. Wish me luck.

I have eighteen shifts until Christmas, and I am concerned that I am putting on weight...on Saturday, my weight was at 162. I am now at 164. Two days ago it was at 163. My doctor said that as long as it stays below 180, I am fine. I had an English Muffin from McDonald's before my appointment, and walked afterward. I am hungry now, and I am concerned about eating anything. And I want a burger something fierce. I might do that later, but for now I think I will go for my old standby snack, Target popcorn.

No comments: