Well, after three months and a good talking-to by both my aunt and Chip, my car is now in the shop to get the body work done, to the tune of about $900. Of course, this has to happen with my just having bought a new computer and with Christmas coming.
Chip, on our second date, told me that if I don't have a front license plate, I won't pass inspection. My aunt told me that if I don't get it done, the holes in my front bumper will rust and rust out the whole car.
So after I finished bowling last night, I met Chip at the Chrysler dealership (where the body shop is located), filled out the envelope, and left my car to be done. I had the estimate done on Friday, and it time to get it done before the winter hits us.
So Chip is going to be my chauffeur for the next couple of days. Mere words cannot say how much I appreciate this. But for today, I am stuck at the house, and it's raining. I have gone to Burger King on foot (with an umbrella), and perhaps I will sweet-talk Cleo into going on a mall walk when he gets off work.
Basically, Chip and I are an item. At the brunch, Robert (remember him?) gave us the couple nickname "Cheric", and it has stuck. I left him a message this morning, but he never got back to me. Let's not get too paranoid. He wouldn't have committed to driving me around for the next few days if he wasn't serious.
After two months, I shouldn't even be thinking about this sort of thing.
Problem Coworker is being difficult again. Last Saturday and Monday, it was a nightmare at work, since it was just the two of us. But on Tuesday, at about the time of PC #1's arrival, someone from the front office came into the phone room and told me that the assistant manager had asked her to come in and work with me, then darting into the back room after asking her to do this.
I'm guessing that PC #1 was in the back room, because upon walking into the office, there was a bit more civility between all of us. I don't what was said, but I have a feeling that I wasn't the only person snapped at by PC #1 in the last couple of days.
But this was short-lived; the office was back to being a tomb yesterday. On Saturday and Sunday, it was me and PC #2, but that was a little easier. Not much, but a little. But with Problem Coworker, I don't have to worry about my choice of reading material.
PC #1's biggest defender has left the company after twenty-one years. This is the human resources director who I had to speak to over a year ago, which accomplished nothing. There are two schools of thought about her departure where I work: one camp thinks she is irreplaceable, and no one will be able to fill her shoes, and another that couldn't wait to see her walk out the door for the last time.
Basically, the only times I have ever been in either of the HR offices was for that meeting with the manager, and back in early 2007 when I got pulled into HR for my "Brokeback Mountain" calendar.
I wonder if anyone would complain about my having a Betty White calendar?
So here's the recap, since I don't write in this blog too often: Chip is still the best thing that has happened to me in a LONG time, work is going to be a nightmare in the next month, and I have no car and no reason to go anywhere for the moment.
See you in my next update.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment