For the first time in eons (actually 8/7), I am off on a Saturday. And so far, most of it has been spent with Julie. But first, let's have an update on the last couple of days.
First, we are having a slight accomplishment on Wednesday. I went into Arlington to pick up the Newseum pass for Chip, and somehow got myself home without going to the Broiler for a grease sandwich. Since I hadn't eaten an awful lot all day, I did go to Chipotle for dinner, but I did the same thing last week, and I managed to lose weight. (as of this morning, by the way, another pound was gone).
On Thursday, all I could think about was getting done with work so I could change my clothes and go to Happy Hour; this was going to be the night that he and I would be presenting ourselves as an item to the group. We essentially hung out with Robert (who thinks we're cute together), and snuggled a bit on the sofa. I wish more of the Triangles board had been there, but they were all absent for some reason.
I went to Carrabba's for their dinner, but Chip did not join us. I chatted with the usual suspects, marveling about how Robert is talking to me more than ever. If he doesn't wind up back with his ex, I will be surprised. I think his ex is taking advantage of him, but I have only heard one side of the story.
And on Thursday, guess who sent me a friend request on Facebook? JUSTIN! Although I accepted his friend request, I can tell by his postings that all he wanted to do was rub my face in his relationship with Ronnie. Well, all he has to do is read my wall and he can see that I have moved on. He has made no further attempt at communication with me.
Chip called me at work last night...and at nine, I sped home to talk to him. I have changed my Facebook status from "single" to, well, nothing. It is a little premature to say "in a relationship", but nothing else really accurately describes our status. So it's blank. I can't help but think he feels the same way about me.
Of course, I have been getting various questions and unsolicited advice from people. Nancy Anne says that I should let him pay for most of the times out, since, in her words "he is the man". I really don't consider this fair to him. First, we are both men. Second, he is by no means rich. Sean asked me if I've slept with him yet. Of course, the answer is no. My aunt is concerned about what I have been writing on my Facebook page, since Chris sees it. I'm being careful, but I am not going to lie to protect Chris; he's old enough to know about me.
I went the the Reston Multicultural Festival this afternoon with Julie. I enjoyed it immensely, and would have stayed later, but, as usual, Julie started to whine about the heat. It was warm, but there was a nice breeze. So I don't know what the big deal was. But the performers I saw were really good, and there were cute guys and cute doggies to look at.
Also, by some miracle, I convinced Julie to get a salad at Moby Dick this afternoon for lunch. Robert and I were supposed to get together and hang out today, but he never called me back. Oh well.
So between the festival today and the Newseum tomorrow, I am going to be more cultured than a cup of yogurt. I am now going to walk up to the shopping center to (a) drop my phone bill into the mailbox, and (b) get some more steps on my pedometer. Unlike other days off, I don't have another newspaper to read; the Washington Times doesn't publish on Saturdays anymore.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment