Friday, September 10, 2010

I'm Going To Crash Eventually.

I absolutely had to tell Nancy Anne about my lovely phone conversation on Tuesday night. We also had a lot to catch up on, since we hadn't had one of these dinners (that, as far as everyone at work is concerned, didn't happen). I did feel a little bit down, though, that Chip didn't call. I was wondering if he was embarrassed by the whole thing.

I got home from my dinner and was telling Julie about my late-night conversation with Chip. She then said that he looked awfully familiar in his Facebook photo. I told her the camera store where he works and she said, "OH MY GOD! HE SOLD ME MY CAMERA!!!"

Here is a little bit of background on that. Julie, as you know, spends money like an idiot. So a while back, she decided that a standard digital camera wasn't good enough, and that she was a "serious" photographer. So she spent a shitload of money on a fancy-schmancy digital camera. So she bought this camera from Chip, and has gone back to talk about it with him. Small world.

So that evening, I went to the Batcave, fired up the computer, and caught him on Facebook. I said hello, and told him about Julie being my roommate. So instead of continuing the online chat, he called me. We had a nice chat that wasn't so awkward, and then hammered out plans to get together on Monday.

I worked the late shift last night, and one of the folks sent me a text message, letting me know where dinner was going to be (Carrabba's once again), and I went there after work. Once again, I just had a drink while everyone else ate these big meals. After that, I went home, and once again, chatted with Chip until one in the morning.

So I think I have made (at least) a friend. I don't know about anything more, but, as always, I am nervous about setting myself up to get let down. But let's first see how Monday night goes.

Bad Movie Night was tonight. Truth be told, I didn't even watch the movie; it was more of an excuse to socialize with the gang. And once I was able to find the place (getting lost in the process-on foot no less), I had a good time. I am starting to see some signs of acceptance from several people. I am still insecure enough to wonder how people think of me, but some of them seem to be okay.

But I am really tired. With getting less sleep than I'm used to, plus all the extra walking trying to find Bryan's place (22000 steps today!), I am just waiting for the spin cycle to finish on my washer load so I can hang it up to dry and go to bed.

Peace, Love, and Spongebob!

No comments: