Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Hurry Up And Wait

It is about 8:30 in the morning, and I am waiting for a load of laundry to finish in the washer so I can schlep it to the laundromat, throw it in the dryer, and then go to Burger King while it dries.

I got up at 7:30 this morning, and I have plenty to do today, including take a trip to Arlington to my parents' house. On Sunday, Chip and I are going to the Newseum on Sunday, and I told him that my dad works there, so I might be able to get him a free pass. I already have one, and I explained to him that it didn't seem fair that he should have to pay and I didn't. So I called my dad, and, without actually calling it a "date", asked if I could use a pass. He said yes, but he wouldn't put it in the mail for me. So I am picking it up.

So after the trip to Burger King, then I will be walking (in an open mall, but I'll deal with that), then I will go pick up the pass.

I wound up talking to Chip last night for about an hour. I'm glad that he doesn't know how nervous I am about messing things up in this relationship. I should just chill.

Right now, as I type this, I am watching the country music channel. For some reason, they are showing "Hey Soul Sister" by Train. This isn't a country song, but for some reason they have added steel guitar, banjo, and fiddle to make it one. Any country music fan who buys the album, though, is going to be disappointed to discover that the only main instrument on it is the ukulele.

I talked to my aunt for a while last night, and she isn't too happy with me. I told her about Chip, and when I told her his age (52), she was kind of dumbstruck. She is also not happy with my "Human Centipede" references to my brother, and she's not happy that I haven't gotten my car fixed. She is happy, though, that my weight is down to 178.5, as of Saturday.

So things are a firm "go" for Sunday. Chip and I are also going to the Happy Hour tomorrow. Once again, the concept of "cautiously optimistic" is relevant here. But the spin cycle is starting with the laundry, so it is time to sign off for now.

Eric Out.


No comments: