Once again, I have that weird case of the blues that really has no bearing on my life. It isn't that I'm wrecked with guilt for overeating; since my cheat day on Sunday, I don't think I have cracked the 1600-calorie mark once. Nervousness about Happy Hour tomorrow concerns me; I know that I am convinced that no one likes me at the Dulles Triangles, but that's pretty much how I always feel about any group I join. Work, while extremely busy in the last three days, has not gone badly; Problem Coworker #2 was in a mood during the first part of my shift yesterday, but soon got over it. So I don't know why I have the blahs.
The organizational meeting for my bowling league was this past Monday. We are in a different bowling alley than we were last year, and the difference is astounding. Since this is part of a chain (AMF), the upkeep is far better, and it is cleaner, and you can tell that there was some money put into this bowling alley. The one we left was an independent alley, and if the upkeep was any indicator, will soon be gone.
I was the only Hoover who showed up for the meeting: Hub had tennis, Bobby's dad is ill, and who the hell knows where Jeff was. I spoke to Hub online that night, and he said Jeff might not be back. Swell.
I thought it was a little boost to my ego when someone from another team said, "are you bowling with Hub again this year?" I said yes, and he said, "so it'll be you, Hub, and who was the other guy again?" I'm not telling Jeff this.
After the reading of the bylaws, we were turned loose onto the bowling lanes, and I got to try out my new shoes. I bowled two games, with a 110 and a 139. I asked the league secretary if I could use the 139 toward my league pin fall, but he said no. Oh well.
I bowled with two people from other teams: Phil, who is very nice, and has the weirdest approach to bowling I have seen, and our 74-year old straight mascot Marlene. I hope it goes well this year.
As I mentioned in my last entry, I have Happy Hour tomorrow, and the dinner that follows. And there is a brunch I am attending on Sunday. Provided they talk to me and don't ignore my existence, I guess it should be fine.
My dinner with Nancy Anne got canceled tonight. Again. The first time it was because she had to work late. The second time was because a friend of hers passed away. Today she has the flu. I think that we are going for the record for number of rainchecks. The latest date is for next Wednesday.
So that's the way it is, folks. We will have a report on tomorrow in the next entry. Til then...
Eric OUT!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment