Since I have not posted any real news in a week, let's do this by category, rather than chronologically.
I think things are getting serious with Chip. So we're going to start with that.
On Thursday, I was a little bit disappointed that Chip had a headache and couldn't come to happy hour with me, but we did wind up talking later that night. On Sunday, he, Julie, and I went to the Dulles Triangles brunch. He did one of the nicest things for me: he brought me a glass swan vase with a rose in it. I have never received a rose in my life.
The idea was for the three of us and Robert to go bowling afterward, but Julie came down with a sudden headache and Robert was broke. So it turned into a date with the two of us. It was a lot of fun, and it was decent practice for bowling the next day. We then came back to my place, where we cuddled a bit before parting ways.
I haven't seen him since, but we have chatted. One of his "warnings", though, is that he doesn't like to eat out as much as I do. So we are going to learn to cook together. Last night, I was at Target getting my usual lunch stuff, and I saw a crock pot (which he said he didn't have) for $19, and I bought it. When I talked to him last night, I told him that I had bought him a present, and that it will show that I am serious about what we chatted about the previous night. He will find out what it is soon enough.
It has now been a month since the two of us met. And his currently has as his Facebook status reading something along the lines of how it seems odd to use the word "boyfriend" at the age of 52, but it seems right. And this seems right to me; I told him that when I am in his arms and am laying my head on his chest, I feel like I'm home.
So why am I worried? I have no fucking idea. I guess I'm cautious because I have been burned a few times, but I can't be so concerned that I will drive him away. I haven't talked to him today, but there is no way that someone could call me his boyfriend on Tuesday could be dumping me today. So let's change laundry loads, text color, and talk about the next topic.
Our next topic concerns my relationship with Brother Dearest. On my way to the bowling alley, Kari texted me, so I called her back. She told me that once I was done with my date, I should call her because of what I wrote on Facebook.
So I called her later that afternoon, and she said that Kyle's feelings were hurt that I unfriended him. She also googled "Katsuro" and "Lindsey" and was disgusted at the analogy. I told her that I really was tired of being attacked, and the only way I can get a point across is by the most passive-aggressive methods possible. She asked me why I don't just call him on his actions, and I explained that it is such a rarity that I get to finish my sentences in his presence. She then started on the same old song and dance about how I am not reaching my full potential, which I translate into how much I disappoint them. She just can't grasp that I can't make a whole lot of money with my limited abilities. But I have since refriended Kyle's ass, and got an invitation for Chip to Thanksgiving. Hopefully he won't act like such a jerk the next time I see him. But I doubt it.
Next topic: work. Problem Coworker #2 has been on a mini-vacation, but thank heavens that Problem Coworker has been on an "up" mood. And even better is that our paths will not cross again for a while, since this person is on vacation. And you know what that means, don't you? Let's put it in caps: TWO WEEKS OF READING INSTINCT MAGAZINE BACK ISSUES WITH IMPUNITY! I am due for a new issue any day now, so I can read that. It also means two weeks of shittier schedules than usual, but I think my assistant manager has it out for me. As you recall, when she was making the October schedule, she informed me that I could have a 10:30-7 schedule on Monday, but if the part-timer called off, I had to stay. But the fact is that she makes me the problem for protesting, rather than making the part-timer the problem for her excessive absenteeism. I know her mother is not well, but when Cathleen was sick, I missed a grand total of two days of work. That's right, folks. Two. Fortunately, I have managed to keep my trap shut at work about how I feel about this. And also, fortunately, she came in, so I could go bowling. I really hope that my review will fairly reflect my work, and that my boss is not fooled by the nonsense that my coworkers pull.
Which brings us to yet another topic (and color) change. Bowling was mixed: my scores were 102, 100, and (miracle of miracles) 128. Our new teammate Bobby began his career as a Hoover this past week. He hurls the ball down the lane so hard I think that the pins are going to splinter. If he were more accurate, he would be our ringer.
So, for the most part, things are going well, I think. I hope to hear from Chip at some point today; he and I are still planning a road trip at the end of the month before I go home. And we are also going to Freddie's for the drag show on Sunday. It is the first time in eight months since this has happened. I hope that this isn't the weekend that Justin and Ronnie magically appear. Actually, I do; seeing me with someone I really like might give him the idea that I have moved on and he will finally be out of my life for good.
And if anything of note happens today, I will report it. perhaps next week.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment