Saturday, October 30, 2010

Busy Week!

This week has gone by very quickly; I can't believe that I start work again in only a couple more days. To quote Julie, I CAN'T BELIEVE MY VACATION'S OVER!! EWWWWWRRRRR!

Sheesh...where to begin. Ever since I started on Facebook, I haven't been using this blog so much, but one thing that I won't be discussing is the conversation I had with my aunt.

While we were out shopping, my aunt actually asked the question indirectly: would I still be gay if my mother had lived? She then answered her own question by saying that she started seeing "tendencies" when I was about four years old, that my cousin Susan and I might as well have both been girls. I told her that at the pool when I was little, I remembered checking out the men and have their images seared into my memory, but I have no recollection of any women. I also reminded her that back in the day, when visiting her house, I would always make a beeline to Sue's toys, never John's.

So the answer is yes, I would have been gay.

Chip and I have been talking daily since I got up here. Last night, he had a major difficulty getting off the phone with me; it wasn't that I don't adore talking to him (I do), but it was almost one in the morning.

My aunt and Chip also have talked. While I was in the shower, he called, and he and my aunt were having a nice conversation. They already have an in-joke...she calls him "Harvey" after the rabbit in the movie of the same name.

But last night, he seemed so weepy at the end of the night that I hope he is okay...he keeps telling me over and over how much he misses me and loves me. I posted him a little message that I would be home soon.

But after freezing my ass off at one of Chris's soccer games this afternoon (which I spent with my nose in a book rather than watching the game), I came back to my aunt's to help move furniture. My other activity on Friday involved making applesauce.

And eating. I am really looking forward to getting back on my diet and walking again. I feel like a lump again. But all I have to do is step on the scale before I go back to work.

Eric Out.


No comments: