Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I Should Be In Bed Right Now...

...since I have to be up for work tomorrow. But here is what is going on since Friday.

Saturday brought us Cosmic Bowling with the Dulles Triangles, which was a lot of fun. Chip, two of his friends, and I met at Red Robin for dinner, and then we went to Famous Dave's for dessert. Since I have not been getting dessert at Famous Dave's recently, I had amassed four free dessert coupons, and now had an opportunity to unload them. The waitress put all four desserts on separate checks so that we could get four more surveys and four more free desserts. Two of them are in my possession; the others are with Chip's friends, Jason and Bill (another one!). Then it was off to the bowling alley.

It became obvious that Hub is starting to rub off on me. One of the people who joined us was a newcomer named Jim. I asked him what he did for a living, and he said he worked for an older man at his house. My senses took leave of me and I asked if he was this guy's houseboy. He looked kind of shocked, but he responded that if he was he would make a lot more money.

Chip has booked the hotel for our weekend. I hope this turns out well. I am looking forward to doing something a little different for my vacation, although I will be going to see my family for the latter part of the weekend.

The new full-timer at work is picking things up very well; I would be concerned that my job is at stake, but I had my review on Saturday, and it was very good, and I got the same raise I got last year. I'm surprised I got anything at all.

I bowled last night, and had two very good games (121 and 132), and an average game (106). I shocked Hub with a comment during the festivities, though: he is a vegetarian, and when he was talking about his latest sexual conquest, I told him that if he swallows, not only is he not a vegetarian, he is a cannibal. I have never seen him more surprised than I did after I said that.

But you folks remember how things were on week five of last year, don't you? I had brought Cleo with me, and it was so bad trying to overcome my shyness that I was ready to bail permanently. As much as I hated being talked down to by Ronnie back in February, I am loath to admit that some of what he said hit home, and some of his advice actually worked.

I decided today that I was tired of waiting for my re-sent copy of Instinct and went to Barnes & Noble and bought one today before heading to work. Sure enough, guess what was in the mail today...oh well. I can add it to the growing collection of back issues, and have an extra "reading issue" to get mangled.

Since the oinkfest on Saturday, I have been doing well with the eating. I want to make sure that everything is good for Friday. With all that was going on last week, I got off track, but hopefully things will get back to normal.

So with this in mind, it is time to close this quick update. Have a good night, and I will be back later.

Eric Out.

No comments: