Last night turned into a major disappointment.
Going into yesterday, I thought the evening would be a lot of fun. Derrick was going to be in town, so Phil, Keith, Derrick, and I were going to go to dinner at Freddie's. Beth and her friend Zillah were also going to come along, and Beth would finally be meeting Phil, who she has known about since he first walked into my life in 2003. Then, Justin was to get off work at about 10:45 and join us. This was to be a jolly group of seven, and I thought it would be great.
Unfortunately, things started to unravel when Phil and Keith told me that they got the date wrong, so Derrick wouldn't be in town until next week, so they weren't coming. I got off work at 6:30 and drove to Freddie's (no, that is not a typo), and parked about three blocks away. Zillah and Beth arrived at the same time as I did, but Beth was exhausted, and left right after dinner. Zillah and I chatted a little, but she left too. By the it was about nine, and I was left alone.
I sat and watched the karaoke (singing "Somebody Told Me" by The Killers), but was getting antsy by eleven. Justin had asked me to sign him up for a song, but I had to ask the KJ if he could move him down twice, since he hadn't arrived at 11:40. He told me that he had to get gas, but how can that take as long as it did? He finally arrived at midnight (with a friend, also named Justin), but by then I was ready to leave, which I did at about 12:30. They were a little bit annoyed, but what can I do? I had been there since 7:15 in the evening, and had worked since 9:30, and had been up since seven.
I got home and found that Julie was still up, talking to a friend of hers. I chatted with them for a couple of minutes, but was more interested in getting out of my clothes (which reeked of cigarette smoke), getting a shower, and going to bed.
So, why am I up at eight o'clock in the morning, doing a load of laundry, and writing in my blog? I couldn't sleep very well, even though I was tired (and still am). However, during that time spent waiting at Freddie's, I just sat there and chugged diet soda. And when one drinks caffeinated soda for five hours, it is hard to sleep.
Since I did other laundry on Thursday and Friday, all I have is the one load to do, and that should be done by 8:30. I will then go to Burger King and do my usual exercise walking. I will then try to take a nap this afternoon, since I will be going back to Freddie's for the drag show tonight.
It seems that this past week was one of weight equilibrium. I stepped on the scale on Friday, and weighed in at 155 pounds. Although I shouldn't have been alarmed (wasn't I just worried that it went DOWN to 156 a couple of months ago), but I had a leaner day, and on Saturday morning I was at 153, and five minutes later, was at 153.5 pounds. Last Saturday I weighed 154, then five minutes later was 153. So, for all intents and purposes, I stayed the same. I did overdo it on the junk food (eating two cookies at lunch and a burger and fries for dinner), but guess what? I am underweight right now. I exercise obsessively. Right after I ate those cookies at lunch, I was in the bathroom for fifteen minutes. I think that I lost two pounds right there. So we can deal with a day or two of indulgent eating.
My laundry is just about done, so it is time to sign off; believe it or not, I am hungry (actually, why wouldn't I be; I last ate at 7:30 last night). So my Morning Civility awaits.
No comments:
Post a Comment