Recently, since not being able to see my family, I have pretty much focused on spending quality time with who I consider the three most important people who are in my life on a day-to-day basis. I am not counting my family in Pennsylvania for that reason. But I am doing the best I can to make time for Diane, Beth, and Justin. I had dinner with Diane on Thursday night, meaning I only exercised five days instead of six this week. I think I will be okay.
Justin came over and spent the night last night, and it was nice to wake up with him beside me. And unlike before (on my entry for 4/1), I wanted nothing more than to spend Morning Civility with him. We sat at the Burger King and read the newspaper while eating breakfast. I know that people think this is screwy, but it was a great thing to do, and a nice way to quietly ease into a day spent together. While he read various sections of the paper, I did the crossword, and we switched sections around when I was done, and it just seemed right.
We went to Sterling after that, and had lunch at Red Robin. Yes, I ate too much again, but I don't think it will be much of an issue right now, since I seem to be unable to stop losing weight. We went to see "Baby Mama" (which was very cute), and then walked to a branch of the big box store where he works.
Beth called while we were en route there, so we invited her to join us, and the three of us did some shopping and went back to my house and chilled. It is so nice to just hang out with these people who mean so much to me. Yes, I know that Justin has only been part of my life for less than three months, but he is the best new addition to my personal life since Josie. At least I get to see him.
Unfortunately, part of this involved the three of us exchanging pleasantries with Julie, who neither Beth nor Justin particularly likes. So it was a great relief when the three of us emerged from the Batcave to find that she had flown the coop. Justin had to go meet his aunt for dinner, so I walked him out to his car (and I hope the neighbors don't object to us kissing goodbye in the parking lot) and went back so Beth and I could go for dinner. I wasn't particularly hungry, but we went to TGIFriday's. I tried to find something that sounded somewhat light, so I ordered the Cobb Salad. The menu describes this as "Chilled and Diced Fire-Grilled Chicken, Crisp Bacon, Avocado, Cheddar Cheese, Egg, Black Olives, Tomatoes, and Bleu Cheese on Salad Greens". I got it without the avocado and with the lightest dressing on the side. When this thing was placed in front of me, I discovered why salads are bad news at Friday's: There was as much bacon and cheese as there was lettuce! I wound up only eating the lettuce, chicken, and a little of the toppings (which were attractively arranged in piles around the lettuce). I felt like I wasted my money, since all it turned out to be was a tiny bit of salad and a lot of fat and cholesterol.
Since I, for all intents and purposes, ate one large meal today, Beth and I went to Mrs. Field's and each had several cookies. But if I gain five pounds, it will be of absolutely no consequence: I would weigh 157.5 pounds. And that is just fine. I don't know why I have had these cookie cravings lately, but I have.
I got home and Julie and Cleo asked me to come upstairs to say hi, and she made some stupid remark about how I always have plans, and wondering if we were even still friends. The lie I told? Sure. The truth? Not since 2006, honey, when I no longer needed an "eating buddy," the same way alcoholics have their "drinking buddies," friends with nothing in common except for a bad habit.
So I am chilling under the Elmo blanket, which still smells like Justin, making me miss him an awful lot. I am doing laundry, and just thinking about things.
But tomorrow, I am meeting Beth again and I will be power walking beforehand. I did not go out tonight and am bound and determined to get a good night's sleep so I can be up early, get to Tysons, walk, and get to her house. I will be having my Morning Civility alone, but that, as far as I am concerned, is okay. I love Justin and I love my friends, but the fact is that I also need some alone time as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment