I stepped on the scale yesterday and was panicked to find that my weight read 156. So I restricted myself to 1300 calories that day, and when I weighed myself today, found that I was at 154.5, and then 154 five minutes later. I still am bothered by the fact that I am a pound heavier than I was last Saturday.
This puzzles me. On Valentine's Day, I weighed 154.5, like today. Only then, I decided that it was (and I quote from my entry that day) "time for a major cheat day" because I had lost so much weight and thought of myself as "entirely too thin." Now that I have been 153 pounds, I feel like a complete Blimpie McLardass once again. But the truth is that I am still a little bit underweight. So the kabob and the cookies I ate today should not be a problem, nor should anything I eat tomorrow when I go to Freddie's. It just seems that the same number on the scale seems different when the scale is rising instead of falling.
Because of the previous couple of day's weird entries, I have not yet mentioned that on Wednesday, Justin came to the office for us to go to lunch. He got to meet most of my co-workers, who think he seems like a nice enough guy. When I was walking him out, after we parted ways, one of the other employees shot me a look that said "is that him?" I didn't have to say anything but "yes" on my way back to my office. Enough said about that.
But I guess this is what love is: I have seen Justin three times this week: Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday, and I am looking forward to seeing him tomorrow. I wish I could have kissed him goodbye on Wednesday, but there were too many prying eyes watching. I don't want to get called into HR because of PDA.
I will be working from 10-7 tomorrow, so I plan to get there early so I can do my power walking before I start. Diane wanted to have dinner tonight, so I skipped the mall. I got home to find Julie sitting there, in her usual position. She wants to go to Baltimore on Sunday to go to a branch of a grocery store where she used to work. I think that with gasoline at $3.50 a gallon, that is about this dumbest reason I have ever heard for taking a road trip. I told her that I would not be joining her, instead going to the movies. Alone. With Beth if she wants to go. Or anyone else, for that matter. If Sue were to call me out of the blue to go to the movies, I would go with her, even though she shut me out of her life just when I needed my friends the most. I will tell that story another time.
No comments:
Post a Comment