Don't ask me why the past couple of entries have their titles in lowercase letters. Perhaps it is my tribute to Don Marquis.
Since my co-worker got laid off on Monday, I have been in somewhat of a funk. So right now, I am going to try to report a few happier things that have happened since then.
First, the earth did not crash into the sun.
Second, I was able to see Justin twice in the past two days. Last night, he and I went for kabobs. Yes, I ate way too much yesterday and had a food hangover today (waking up completely dehydrated), but I mitigated it today with fewer than 1450 calories. He was off today, so he and I went to lunch together, where I had California Roll. I had been wanting it for a while, and it is low in calories, so that helped me eat better today.
Plus, it is that time of the month where the bills have all been paid and the magazines have started to arrive. As you know by my entry from last week, my Advocate came, and my Reader's Digest arrived yesterday. So that is a nice thing.
Then, my "Hello Kitty" necklace came back from repair. So I can wear it tomorrow.
I wish I was going to bingo with Justin tonight. I don't have to work until 12:30 tomorrow, but whenever I go to Freddie's, I feel like I am freeloading if I just sit there and drink soda, so I feel the need to eat. And after yesterday, that is the LAST thing I need to do. Also, when I have to work the next day, that's all I can think about. I prefer to go to bingo when I am off.
Speaking of days on, I have just begun a six-day stretch. I have five more to go, and then I am off on the 20th. I will say right now that I am NOT going into DC for the inauguration. Justin is, and I think he's lost his mind to do so. Cleo and I are going for what he terms a "mall crawl" that morning, and then I will be going home and watching the inauguration on TV. Perhaps I will do something similar to what I did on Christmas morning: after we get back home, I will grab a couple of cans of diet soda, curl up in my Elmo blanket on my bed, read the paper, and then do the crosswords while watching President Obama take office.
But first, I have to get through the next five days at work, braving what promises to be the coldest days of winter so far.
eric out.
No comments:
Post a Comment