Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome To 2009

Last night was not bad.

I got to Freddie's at about eight, and they already had no tables available. So I pulled up to the bar and ordered a soda, then went to investigate the buffet. Long story short with eating: yes, I overdid it. But I finished today out at less than 1200 calories. So I am making up for it.

Justin's friend Michael (who went with us to Six Flags back in August) saw me and joined me. He then was joined by someone he knew before, named Greg. Greg is in his forties, and was very nice. He eventually picked up the bar tab for everyone; I made it cheaper for him because I didn't touch alcohol. 

Justin arrived at about nine, with a coworker of his named Guillermo. Once Justin's pal Bobby showed up, the little group was set for the evening. Guillermo was the odd one out; he is straight, but he knew that he was in a gay bar. 

They started the karaoke at nine, and I sang two songs: "EBay" by "Weird Al" Yankovic (sung to the tune of "I Want It That Way" by the Backstreet Boys), and "1985" by Bowling for Soup. But mostly I was watching everyone except Bobby get plastered. But at midnight, the ball dropped, we all blew some horns, and I was out the door at 12:02. I was in my car at 12:06, and was home by one. I got out of the smoky clothes I was wearing, jumped into the shower, and was sound asleep by 1:30.

I woke up at 7:45 this morning with a food hangover. I did walk today (without weights), and happily Petunia Gray was in a good mood. I got through the day (which was blessedly quiet), and got some fat-free turkey hot dogs at Safeway for dinner. I will be having them for dinner for a couple more days before they are gone. 

So once again I am planted on the sofa, and planning to have an early bedtime. I don't know what the year will bring, but I hope I will be able to stay on track with eating, and make decent decisions. 

Eric Out.

No comments: