Sunday, January 25, 2009

Stealing A Moment At Uncle Bill's Computer

My aunt and uncle are at Church right now, and my uncle set up the computer so I can jump on the internet and do whatever I need to do.

First, we have a problem with my renewed subscription to The Advocate. The other day found me trying to pay for it online and I never got any confirmation. So I didn't think it had gone through, so I went and called and paid for it there. It turns out that the charge went through and I have been charged twice. I went on their website and, sure enough, I owe -$36 for this subscription. I have emailed them to try to straighten this mess out.

Also, it is official: MAD is going quarterly. So lets see...I just got the February issue. This means I have thirteen issues left on my subscription. Doing the math, I will have to renew again in...2012. This is if the plug hasn't been completely pulled by then.

Sam has been the Terror of the Visit this time. Last night, Chris asked me to come upstairs and listen to him play the trumpet, and Sam would NOT leave us alone. I finally picked him up (causing Chris to comment that I had been working out), and close and lock the door so he could play the trumpet in peace. Sam still wouldn't leave us alone, and started banging his head against the door wearing a bucket. Sam also still talks horribly, and when my aunt was trying to get him to read some words, he wasn't even trying.

I also tried my hand at Wii bowling last night. It is a lot of fun, and the next time I go to Freddie's on a Monday night, I will be signing up for it.

Anyway, things are going all right this time. The one big anxiety is that on the way home from the movies on Thursday night, I noticed one of my car tires was low. I had it pumped up at Jiffy Lube, and the person marveled about how a new tire could already be flat. I have checked it daily since, and it still seems fine. So I either have a very slow leak or someone is letting the air out of my tires. I think I know who might be doing that sort of thing.

I made my aunt and uncle watch "Prayers for Bobby" last night. It is about this woman who was a religious whack job and when her son came out to her, she made his life a living nightmare until he jumped off a bridge to his death. She then realized what a mistake she made and became a gay activist. It was a good movie, but was more interesting is that my aunt told me that she had mentioned Justin to my cousin Sue. Sue asked her when she knew I was gay, and her response? "When Eric was about five years old." HUH?

She then went on and said that I was always a very effeminate child (no joke), and that while she never discussed it with my mother, she always knew. I don't really know what to think about this, but it does show that she knows that people are born this way.

Well, I guess that's enough for now. My fingers are getting sore using a different keyboard than I am used to. I guess that once you get used to laptop keys, desktop keys are a tough adjustment. Until tomorrow, when I get back home...

Eric Out.

No comments: