Friday, January 30, 2009

A Day Without Gray

Let's start by saying that things were far nicer at work today because I didn't have Petunia Gray breathing down my neck and obsessing about a lot of dumb stuff. It has really gotten bizarre. But since I didn't have to deal with it today, it was pretty good.

Unfortunately, I don't feel well right now. My sinuses are under attack in that way that usually means I am getting a cold. When I was in Pennsylvania a week ago, two of the boys were sick, so I might have caught it from them. So I am taking some medicine before I go to bed and we will see how I feel tomorrow. I am keeping my lips zipped about how I am feeling; I don't want Petunia Gray to get shitty with me if I infect the office. This happened the last time I was sick.

Cleo did something really dumb today, and I am wondering what the aftermath of this will entail. I heard him clunking around with the dishes this morning, but when he started the dishwasher, I heard an unfamiliar dripping sound. After getting myself together, I went upstairs and saw him furiously wiping the floor with a chamois. I asked him what happened, and he said that he put liquid dish soap into the dishwasher instead of the detergent that goes into the dishwasher, and the whole kitchen was lathering up. I asked Julie what she was going to do with the dish soap, and she said that the suds would dissipate eventually. I reminded her that as soon as water hits it, it would start to lather up again. She said she would look into it. 

So I ate breakfast and hand-washed my dishes, and when I got home, I had some pudding (finishing the day at about 1600 calories again, making yesterday's 1745 the highest since I got home), and washed the bowl by hand as well. I can deal with this, which is good. I looked in the dishwasher and noticed that the suds were still there after nearly twelve hours.

I am going to have a little rant here. Back on Christmas Day, I put a video for "ESP" by the Bee Gees on this blog. I went back and clicked on it and discovered that it had been removed "due to a copyright claim by WMG." This makes absolutely no sense to me. Warner Music Group is enforcing its copyright of a video for a song that was released twenty-two years ago, that was not even a hit in the United States, from an album that is now out of print (I downloaded a copy of "ESP" from iTunes). What's up with that? If the "FOX 411" entertainment column is to be believed, WMG no longer signs or develops recording artists or promotes its releases (almost every release from them flops these days), and is relying on its back catalogue as its only source of income. I guess whoever works there needs something to do, so they sue YouTube if they have their old videos up. 

Yet I still find "You Win Again" (from the same album) is still there. That's a great song as well. I'd put it on here, but it might disappear soon.

Next week it will be time to hit H&R Block to get my taxes done. I received the last of my tax documents in the mail today, so I am ready to get it done. I hope I get a refund. And right now, my tire seems to be okay. We'll see how that goes as well.

Eric Out.

No comments: