Saturday, November 21, 2009

Don't Know What To Think

Well, tonight was the first real date with Guy. And it was mixed.

After work, I went to his house, and we went to the IHOP near the movie theatre for dinner. We then went to the theatre only to discover that the showing of "2012" was sold out. So we went to the car and kissed a little before I took him back to his house.

It turned out that his roommate/landlord Gary was less than enamored with the fact that I stayed overnight last Sunday. So I took Guy home. I did ask if I could come in for a little bit, but Guy wanted Gary to realize that we were actually dating, not just being trampy. So after a little more kissing, he got out of the car and went into his house. He said he would call me to make sure I got home. This hasn't happened yet.

We are still on for Wednesday, but the way this date ended, I am wondering if he will be joining us. But I have to remember, if it was not meant to be, WE HAVE KNOWN EACH OTHER FOR A WEEK. I can't let this get to me. If it is meant to be, it is meant to be; if not, it's not. Keep in mind, though, that he used the word "dating" and I didn't. And he said that although things didn't go as planned tonight, "we still have Wednesday, and this weekend."

So now my thoughts are in a spin. He had invited me to a Thanksgiving dinner at his house that was to happen tomorrow, but Gary said that it might make me uncomfortable because these people all knew Guy's ex, so I won't be going. But I told Guy that I considered it a high compliment that he invited me to this dinner after knowing me for less than twelve hours.

We'll see how this goes. Yes, I'm obsessing, Tana. Deal with it.

[UPDATE AT TEN AM ON 11/22: He called a little after I published. I still don't know where things are going, but we'll take it as it goes.]

Eric Out.

No comments: