Friday, November 13, 2009

It's Not Just Me!

Yesterday I saw this ad on Craig's List:

Here's why I'm confused...

1. I'm athletic, competitive, and smart (somewhat more than average) working on a masters in finance
2. I'm height weight pro... 6 ft 2, 180 (no scars or anything odd)
3. FEMALES are ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS attracted to me. Gas stations, bars, I get a smile from a chick and when I say "hi" they say "hey" back.
4. Of course I have a job, and a car, and a place of my own
5. Not missing any teeth, no STD's, nice hands and feet, pretty good wardrobe... great magazine collection and really good taste.

So... with that aside, I go to gay bars maybe twice a week? Straight bar happy hours almost everyday after work... EVERY time I'm at a straight bar, I chat with guys, girls, laugh....
WHENEVER I GO TO A GAY BAR!!! Guys just stand and say nothing. I'll approach a guy like "whats up?" and I'll get a "please leave me alone" stare, or MAYBE MAYBE 2 minutes of dry convo... then I just peace out.

I have never been in a relationship with a guy, I'm not actively seeking one. BUT it would be nice to have a boyfriend, or at least a hot friend to spend time with and see where it goes.

Is anybody else going through this? My mentality is, I'll work so hard and make so much bank that I'll just fly to Europe or Brazil or something and grab a hot guy and there you have it. But that sucks...
I honestly feel that thats my future... And I'm honestly not sure why?

IM NOT GAY ENOUGH FOR GAY GUYS, and not straight enough for girls. WTF!!!!

As soon I read this, my first thought was: HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I COULD HAVE WRITTEN THIS!

So last night, I responded to it. Someone using the name "Mister Dude" emailed me back and asked what I do for fun. I told him some of my hobbies. I don't know if he meant hobbies or what I do in the sack, so I took the safe way out. If he wants to know what I do otherwise, he can ask. We'll see if he even responds.

I was looking through my blog entries a year ago, and it seemed odd that I was acting like the rearrangement of the satellite radio stations was some sort of earth-shattering horror. What a difference a year makes.

I seem to be doing all right with eating. Since last Monday, I have managed around 1500-1600 calories a day. I have been eating at Subway most nights for about two weeks. One more week and it will be a habit, and I won't need as much willpower.

Am I feeling any effects yet? Possibly. I am hungry every single minute of every single day. Since I have severely cut my fat intake, I have become constipated again (requiring the purchase of suppositories for the first time in eons). My shirts are starting to seem looser, even if the "muffin top" over my trousers doesn't seem to be going down any.

But we have to remember, dear readers: I have been off the wagon for a while now. It is going to take a lot longer than two weeks to get back to where I was. While I haven't been brave enough to step on the scale, I know that I want to get back to 160-165; low enough for my pride, but not so skinny that people ask me if I have AIDS. And if I wind up back at 151.5? So what.

But like I said the other day, when one's life has spiraled into an unmanageable mess, one grasps onto anything that one can control. For me, that's food.

I haven't yet heard from my brother about whether they are having Thanksgiving at his house. If they aren't, I have invites from either Diane or Matt and Melissa. And Julie and Cleo say they might want to join me for bingo at Freddie's the night before. It would be cool to go to Fredericksburg to see Matt and Melissa for Thanksgiving. I would have to come up with an interesting alibi for them, though; Julie has no idea that Melissa and Matt know exactly what is going on my life, or that I'm even invited.

Some of you might remember (and who knows where it is on the blog) that I reported that for some reason, Reader's Digest extended my subscription by six months, from July 2012 to February 2013. I thought this to be odd; most magazines don't just give away extra issues out of the goodness of their collective hearts. Well, I found out why: Starting next year, Reader's Digest will only be publishing ten times a year. While this is disappointing, we have to remember that they are in bankruptcy now (even though they decided to do this before they filed), and I would rather have it ten times a year than not have it at all. With all the gay books and magazines I read, it is nice to have some form of wholesome entertainment (short of the subscription to Wonder Woman I'll undoubtedly be getting once MAD finally folds).

So that is the update on the world of Eric. I'm working tomorrow, and then I am off for two days. I hope it goes quickly tomorrow.

Eric Out.


No comments: