I had a busy evening last night after work.
I went to Tysons (which is a far different place on a Saturday night than it is in the early morning), hit Subway (yes, I'm trying again), and then went to get my hair cut. From there it was to Target for groceries, and then I went and ran a load of laundry.
I live life on the wild side, don't I? I promise I'll go out when I don't have to work the next day, and when it gets a little bit warmer.
But while I was at Target, there was a sign making the following announcement: the store hours were changing, now they will be open until eleven o'clock, except for Sunday, when they will be open until ten. I am guessing that this is to compete with the Sterling Walmart, which recently remodeled into a Supercenter, and is now open 24/7.
I think this is stupid. Why does any sane person need to shop at these ungodly hours? If you need a pack of English muffins, a pack of paper towels, and a flat-screen television at three in the morning, you can now go to Walmart and buy all of them. But who really needs to shop, even at eleven at night? Once in a while, I have been known to go to Target after nine at night for emergency basics, but I have no interest in doing any major shopping right before I go to bed.
This morning, I had finished walking, and was at my car, putting my coat back on and getting my things together to go to work, when a woman stopped her car, and asked me if the mall was only open for half a day today. I said that it was open from 11-7. Her response: "Why?" I told her it was Sunday. She said that last week they were open at ten, and I told her, "It was still Christmas back then". She didn't seem too happy about this, but she left me alone. I don't work at this mall (and haven't since 1998), and I really didn't feel like debating this while freezing my ass off. To this lady, I say, simply...GET A FREAKIN' LIFE!!!
Tomorrow we are back to reality. I have been spoiled when it comes to traffic, but now that school is going back in session tomorrow, it will be awful traffic once again. So I guess I had better get up fairly early tomorrow. I still have four days left of this eight-day stretch. I hope the next four days go smoothly.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment