Last night found us bowling unopposed. We have thirteen teams, so one team per week bowls a nonexistent team. We were done in an hour, and with the lack of pressure, I bowled really well (two games in the mid-130's, one was about 115 or so). I suppose I owe better scores to Diane, since she bought me the new bowling ball.
But next week, we will be bowling the only team that I can honestly say I don't like. They are a trio of overly-competitive bowlers, who, with their tongues deeply embedded in their cheeks, call themselves "Bowling for Jesus!". And the way they acted the last time we bowled them, they will be meeting Jesus if they behave like that next week.
But we have to remember: we bowled them back in Week 5. That was back in October, when my insecurities were making me ready to pack it in. I also have to remember that their arrogance has no bearing on my life. My bowling has improved considerably since then, and I am a lot less timid than I used to be.
And once they face the sight of three men in their identical "iSuck" t-shirts (we all matched last night), they will run for cover, especially since we are currently ranked higher than they are.
I am planning to go to Freddie's tonight, even though I will be going alone. They went back to starting karaoke at nine. When I was there at eight, there were usually no takers until nine anyway, when people had a drink or two, enough to wash away all traces of shame. I have no shame to begin with; I just don't want to be the first singer.
Let's see how things progress, and I may have a new entry later tonight.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment