I mentioned in my last entry that I was being "cautiously optimistic" in my dealings with the Dulles Triangles. Now I'm being a little more pessimistic.
Let's start with Dave. On Thursday night, I had called him originally to find out where the post-Happy Hour dinner was taking place, and didn't get an answer, leaving a message. As I mentioned, I got hold of Gai, and went there.
When I was there, I said hello to another table (where Dave and Dan were sitting), and I told Dave that I had called him. He then asked me if it was that number with a "717" area code, and I said yes. He said he didn't recognize it, so he didn't answer. No explanation was given as to why he didn't return the message.
That's funny; back in July, when I went to one of these dinners after my late shift, he answered. Makes me wonder what he thinks of me. On the other hand, he actually commented on my Facebook page last week when I changed the name to my real one. So I am scratching my head about that one.
Then, we have Bruce. He was the host of my first brunch I attended with this group. I attempted to "friend" him on Facebook, and it has gone ignored. But he seemed to be conversational last week at at the brunch.
And then there's Robert. Last week, we were hanging out a little after lunch, and it seemed to be going well. I have made it very obvious that I want to be friends. I chatted with him on Thursday night outside the Outback after Nick had left. But I saw him on Facebook this afternoon, and sent him a "hello" message. He signed off almost immediately.
So I am very much at sea as far as where I stand here. I have no idea if my insecurities are getting the best of me or if what I am sensing here are signs that if I were to suddenly disappear, they wouldn't even notice. We'll see how Happy Hour goes this coming Thursday.
You have to admit, though, that I am giving this more of a chance than I did before. The last time, it was three weeks, then just one before that. At least I will know for sure if they hate me since they have had a few months to deal with me.
For all I know, this could just be the low self-esteem talking.
Let's change colors and topics. After a couple of hot dogs at Target for dinner and a walk with Cleo last night, I stepped on the scale to find that I now weigh 183. This is a loss of two pounds. I'm back on track, and this is with last Sunday's cheat day. So we are having a reasonable cheat day today. So far, I haven't even begun to match what I ate last week. I will be having lunch with my former boss tomorrow, and (hopefully) dinner with Nancy Anne on Wednesday. She and I have been through two rain checks so far with this dinner. Salads will be had on both of those days.
The bowling organizational meeting is tomorrow. If I understood the secretary on my voice mail the other day, they are having cut-rate bowling that night as well. So I will be bringing my ball and new shoes with me. I hope that things go well this year.
But that is what is going on in my world right now. I'm just chilling right now, thinking about heading somewhere to do my Sunday crossword puzzle.
Eric Out.
3 comments:
I doubt that Robert just logged off of Facebook right after you said "hello." Facebook is a funny thing. Firstly, it oft tells you that people are online -- who have been logged off for a while. Some people are logged in through their mobile devices, and aren't on the site itself at the time you message them. Also -- and I do this a lot myself -- people log on to Facebook and then open another window to do work or the like. One last thing I can think of, is that when you are looking at someone else's page, you don't see the message a person has sent you until you go back to your main Facebook page.
I just wanted to try to put your mind at ease and let you know that there are many reasons why he might have logged off at that time. Don't take it personally, although I know that it's hard not to. :^)
Love and hugs!
XO
P.S. Yay! for the weight loss! :^*
Thanks...he did catch up to me last night after bowling, so my mind is a little at ease as far as he is concerned. I walk a fine line between "trying" and "trying too hard". It goes with the business of social anxiety.
But have you noticed that an awful lot of these anxieties stem from that Facebook page I resisted getting for so long?
Post a Comment