Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sweatpants Should Never Be Worn With Underwear.

As you know, I had my tire pumped up last Friday when I went to Pennsylvania. I had it re-pumped when I came home, and was checking it daily, but this morning I finally decided to go to Merchants and have it looked at. During the last few days, I also noticed that one of my headlights had blown out. So I had them fix that as well. And back when I got these four tires, I paid extra for three years of alignment service. I had them do that as well.

This was at a little after eight this morning. I hadn't slept well last night (I felt queasy because I ate too much yesterday), and I went to bed so late that I didn't want to take Tylenol Cold because I wanted to get up early enough to get my car in early. So I was up at about six, and threw a load of laundry into the washer. When it was in the dryer, I headed out.

I was there right at eight, and having a couple of hours to kill, I walked to the post office, to a bagel place for some breakfast and to read the paper, and then ambled back (making a three-mile round trip). I was done by about 10:30, and the service manager (a really good-looking bear) showed me the culprit: a carpentry nail. I told him that he could pitch it. 

Now my car is running very smoothly, with a new headlight; that would have been an inspection item, so I'm glad to have gotten it done beforehand. My car is going to fail anyway, but at least that will pass.

While sitting in the bagel place and at Merchants, I noticed that a lot of guys were wearing sweatpants, and most of those were not wearing underwear underneath. I wonder if these people realize that they are essentially showing their weenies to the world (especially to audience members who are right at eye level with their crotches). Sweatpants, no matter how loose, are generally very clingy, especially in the genital area. I am in no way complaining, though. I like this kind of thing. 

So at least for now, that episode has concluded. On Thursday, I will be going to get my taxes done. But today, I plan to go for another walk (this time at a mall), then to Justin's work for his lunch break. I don't know what else will be going on, but I am just going to go with the flow. And of course, I am wondering what is going to happen at work tomorrow. But for now, I am waiting for AT40 to come on.

Today is Superbowl Sunday. And much like last year (and every year), I have zero interest in watching. I know for a fact that while I am en route to Justin's break (at about 7:30), there will be absolutely no one on the highway. Had Justin been off today, perhaps we would have gone to Freddie's to watch it, but it would be for his benefit, not mine. So I am wondering how crowded the mall will be this afternoon. I will find out soon, won't I?

Eric Out.

No comments: