The title of this entry is literal. We are under a wind advisory until ten this evening. They are expecting gusts of up to fifty miles per hour. For some reason, when I hear the words "wind advisory," it means that someone just farted and everyone needs to be warned.
But all stupid jokes like that aside, this year hasn't been bad, except for the soap opera at work this summer. I did indeed keep my resolution to go out more, and now I have a boyfriend as a result.
With the exception of the last month or so, I have also kept my resolution to keep my weight in check. And I can say that after keeping the calories at about 1600 for the past three days, I can already feel my clothes start to fit more loosely, and in the morning, my gut has shrunk somewhat.
I did not keep my resolution to get out of this house. However, I did the next best thing: push Julie to the margins as much as possible. I still have to deal with her, but with my work schedule and walking in the mornings now, I am out of the house before she comes downstairs in the morning. When I come home, I exchange random pleasantries and am down in the Batcave in no time; and since she is so lazy, she never comes down here.
Today was rather expensive. My car was due for various maintenance items today, and it cost me a lot. But hopefully that is all the preventive stuff that needs to be done for a while. It had better be.
I am meeting Justin at Freddie's tonight at 8:30. There is a $20 cover charge, but that includes an appetizer buffet. I have half a mind to go for a kabob for lunch today so I don't want to overdo the buffet, but I haven't decided that yet. Reston Kabob is far busier at lunch than dinner, so I don't know if I want to go there. Perhaps if I go there for lunch and hit another mall for more walking I can justify eating dinner as well. But I do know this: I am not drinking tonight. At midnight, I will be getting my kiss from Justin, and then I am out the door at 12:05. I have to work tomorrow. I will be working with Petunia Gray tomorrow. My defenses are up, and my big resolution for 2009 is to not share anything much with Petunia Gray that is not business-related. It's hard to tell what is considered offensive anymore, and I will provide no further ammunition.
I won't write here again until tomorrow, so Happy New Year to everyone!
Eric Out.
2 comments:
Happy new Year Eric, may this year bring you all that you need, and take away that which you could do without.
Thank You! And please don't be a stranger!
Post a Comment