
While this picture of my husband Mike Rowe has nothing to do with this entry, I really wish I could lick his body all over.
Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I have a funny feeling that Chris and Matthew are getting too old for coloring Easter eggs.
My aunt has this fantasy about Easter eggs being decorated with things like crosses, flowers, and stuff like that. Unfortunately, Chris and Matthew have this idea in their heads to write insults on them in wax pencil, to be revealed when dunked into the dye.
One of their favorite targets was yours truly. Matthew wrote "Eric Is Fat" on one of his (which, after eating like I have, feels like the truth, even if it probably isn't). Chris was about to write some other things about me, but when Sam dumped an entire mug of egg dye, one of the eggs wound up with "Sam Made A Mess" written on it.
I did make one controversial egg: I wrote "J & E FOR THE MOMENT" on one of them. I also wrote "ERIC ROCKS" on another. I also wrote "GRAMMIE LOOKS LOVELY TODAY" on an egg, in my never-ending quest to suck up to my aunt.
With all of this nonsense (and Sam once again being a holy terror), I am wondering who will be doing this again next year.
So tomorrow is Easter, and I was a Lenten failure. I don't think I will be trying to give up anything for Lent next year. And Easter is going to be very crowded this year at BethAnne's: her six will be there plus the three of us, my uncle's aunt and uncle, his sister-in-law's mother, David's parents, Rachel, and possibly my aunt's cousin Julie. That makes sixteen of us. Enough to make up for the fact that Dan is no longer with us. And I should do my best to keep away from the wine so I don't let the truth about him slip out to anyone. My aunt said I am not supposed to tell anyone, but I have told a few people: Justin, Beth, Julie, Phil, and anyone reading this. But these are people who didn't know Dan, and anyone who stumbled upon my blog doesn't know any of these people I talk about, so what does it matter anyway? But the only family members are my aunt, uncle, and myself. And this is how it will stay.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment