Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Wheels Are In Motion

At least, as far as getting my car fixed is concerned, things are getting started.

As you know, I am one of those people who is afraid to do something that disrupts my routines. So I wasn't sure when I was going to finally get this thing done. I am reminded of it every time I go to my car and see my crumpled hood. Perhaps I can get it fixed and get a little more mileage out of it before I get rid of it.

Well, after my usual weekday morning routine, I bit the bullet, picked up the phone, and made two phone calls: one to my uncle's insurance company, and another to the body shop. I set up to bring the car in next Tuesday, when I will be off.

Last night, Justin and I went to Nellie's for bingo, and we won nothing. They were nice enough to make a dig at our other bingo place. They were giving away a mini component stereo, with this statement: "this is not Freddie's; we don't do monkey flops!" This refers to a bonus prize that they used to have (and I own). 

I am feeling sleepy right now. I went to bed at one, and got up at about 7:30. So I haven't slept much. Stress will do that. Stress will also cause one's skin to break out, as it has also done. I hope things settle down, otherwise I am going to worry myself into an ulcer.

Beth sent me a text on Monday, saying that she didn't have her phone and missed all of my calls and texts. I don't believe it for a second. I think Loser Boy needs to go.

Back in December, I put the video for "My Side of the Bed" by Susanna Hoffs on this blog. I lamented that since the album flopped and was out of print, it wasn't on iTunes. On Sunday, I was poking around amazon.com for a used copy, and discovered that they had it available as a download. So I went to iTunes and found that it was indeed now available there. So I got the one song I wanted. So if Susanna Hoffs is wondering why she got a microscopic royalty check from Sony, now she knows. 

I bought the new album by Depeche Mode this morning. I have been a big fan of theirs since I was in college, when many a day ended with my playing "Black Celebration." My opinion? The new album freaking ROCKS! So go out and buy a copy. Every time they have a new album out, I always wonder if it will be their last. I am always glad when it is not.

That's all for now.

Eric Out.

No comments: