I finally got around to watching the gay movie the other night. It was called "Whole New Thing", the concept of which royally creeped out my aunt. It is about a thirteen year-old who develops a crush on his 42 year-old teacher. I was curious, so I popped it into the DVD player and watched it.
The result? It was actually a pretty good movie. It was well-acted, had a good plot, and was oh so Canadian. Like I had assured my aunt, it was not pornographic; there was only a little bit of nudity, and nothing exciting was exposed. This is a good thing, since it was filmed on location in Nova Scotia, and it seemed awfully cold there.
Yesterday I found myself watching "Breaking The Cycle", which was a soft-core adult film: a little bit of full frontal, simulated intercourse, and really bad acting. As I type this, I am watching "FAQ's", which is a movie involving a drag queen, a gay guy, and a lesbian who basically form an unconventional family.
It's still kind of weird to think that my uncle's brother watched this movie as well, with or without the Cracker Time Boys.
Changing topics, my assistant manager is going to be throwing a surprise party for my former boss at her place in about a week and a half. Since I don't cook, I had offered to bring a dessert, but I was told instead to bring a bottle of white wine. Let's see...the best person to select, purchase, and bring a bottle of wine is...a near teetotaler? Everyone knows that I barely touch alcohol. It's kind of like having the vegetarian bring the steaks and have the diabetic pick the chocolate cake.
I work the late shift tomorrow, which should be okay, since I am reading yet another good book. I don't know why I torture myself reading gay coming-of-age stories about teenagers who get more nookie than I ever did. I will just be using it as my day of the week where I walk without my dork weights.
So back to my movie.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment