Monday, April 6, 2009

Number Crunching

Last night found my aunt, uncle, and me with Rachel as a dinner guest. She is clearly still feeling the pain from losing Dan a couple of weeks ago. I can't say I blame her, though. And the fact that she is still struggling with the reality of this is evidenced by the fact that she still is referring to Dan in the present tense, and talking about "we" this and "we" that. My thoughts are with her.

Dinner was quite good, and I am wondering if I will be fitting into my clothes when I get back from vacation. I haven't exactly been dieting since my vacation started, but I suppose that it is impossible to gain back all of this weight in a week. And my aunt still says I look the same. Believe me, dear readers, she will be the first to tell me if she notices that I am starting to chunk up again. No matter how boring I find it, I had better get on that stationary bike after dinner. I plan to start pedaling when "Wheel of Fortune" starts and get off when "Jeopardy!" starts.

Justin called me from Freddie's last night, and he is guessing that thanks to our little note, Yessi got in trouble. According to Justin, she gave him a VERY wide berth last night. Perhaps I should bring a bag of candy corn there next week and see if she still acts the same toward me.

Today I was recruited to add up sales receipts from Dan's mechanic business. He seemed to do a great business, so there was a lot to add. There were a couple of problems, though: first, because there were so many of these, the numbers started to swirl around after a couple of hours of this, and I began making mistakes. Second, Dan's handwriting was absolutely atrocious (much like my uncle's), so it was sometimes very hard to decipher the numbers. I got through 2009's receipts and the latter half of 2008. I don't know when I will have any desire to do the rest of them, but I suppose I will get through them tomorrow. 

I also found myself going to Lowe's and Home Depot with my uncle. I could just smell the testosterone as soon as I walked in there. There were plenty of rugged, blue-collar guys to look at, just as long as I wasn't being too obvious, I was fine. No sweatpants without underwear, sadly. Sigh.

But like I said yesterday, my blog entries might get a little bit dull this week. But so far things are going well. 

Eric Out.

No comments: