Could it be that I read too much into my actions?
Work was okay, except for ruining a pair of pants. I caught my shirttail in the zipper of them, and when I gave them a good yank to dislodge it, it ripped the zipper clean off. I guess some pant shopping might be in order.
I was getting myself dressed for bowling when I got a text message from Robert. I texted him back, saying that I was getting dressed, and he called me back. He asked if we could meet and hang out at the nearby Chik-Fil-A before bowling started.
So much for my concerns that I was being too forward on Thursday night with him.
I discovered that being out of practice, added with the fact that it was late at night, resulted in really lousy bowling. Fortunately nobody else on my team (Robert, Gai, and Bill) was doing that well either. I met a few more folks as well. And as for Gai, he didn't seem to have anything to say about my cell phone comment.
So we are okay as far as that is concerned.
I got home at about midnight. Most of the others who bowled went to IHOP for a late meal, but I was getting tired, so I bailed. I got to bed at about one in the morning, with just about 2000 calories under my belt for the day.
Eight o'clock came entirely too quickly, especially after the insane dreams I was having after five. I got myself up and moving, and made my way to Brion's Grill. I was there about fifteen minutes early, but saw someone I recognized (Bruce from the first brunch I attended), so I said hello to him.
I have begun to recognize a lot of the people from past events who arrived, mostly from the post-happy hour dinners. We are not discussing calories; this was my cheat day. But the food was good, and the conversation was spirited. After the brunch broke up, Robert asked me where I was going, and I told him I was going to the mall to walk a bit. He asked to come along, and we poked around some before parting ways. I came home after that.
Now, before any of you out there start thinking that I am getting moony over Robert, let's have a reality check. He is 27 years old, which is younger than Justin. He just broke up with his boyfriend of four years, but they still live together. His boyfriend was the one who dumped him, so he is still pining for him. So even if he were to like me "like that", I would have to wait for a while. So for now, I think I have made a friend.
And although I don't want to be too overconfident, I don't think I'm fucking it up anymore. But I have to be on my toes at all times.
I have also changed the name on my Facebook page from the pseudonym I had chosen (which was "Gloria") to my real name. The one person who I was trying to hide from (Julie) found my page, and I have begun to add some friends from various sources, so why keep on explaining myself?
I am sleepy right now. I am going to be taking a walk as soon as the load of laundry I threw into the washer is done, perhaps a return trip to Burger King so I can get some caffeine into me and do the crossword puzzle. So I am signing off. If anything noteworthy happens, I will be back.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment