Friday, August 27, 2010

I Shouldn't Feel Down.

I don't know why I feel like I do. Things are really not that bad, but for some reason, I feel kinda down tonight.

My car is still completely drivable. No one was hurt. But I still am not sure if I should go through the insurance company in order to fix it.

Work was quite uneventful. Problem Coworker #1 is in a manic phase right now, and I am the greatest thing on earth. Whenever this happens, I am usually fairly nervous while I wait for the other shoe to drop and I become Satan Incarnate once again.

But for now, Problem Coworker #1 is on vacation for eleven days. I can read my Instinct back issues without any stress. I got my new issue yesterday, and I was reading that today, along with an issue from 2002. I can certainly notice how much it has been toned down. The cover himbo now wears clothes more often than not these days.

Last night after work, I called Gai to find out that the post-happy hour dinner was at Outback Steakhouse. I sat down to find the usual suspects there. I wound up chatting primarily with a sixtysomething guy named Nick. He was sitting between Robert and me, so I didn't get a chance to talk to Robert much. But after everyone else left but Robert, Nick and me, we stuck around while Nick drank his glass of wine.

Robert and I did chat for a little bit, and I think I made it pretty clear that although I am a friend, I wasn't looking for a relationship with him. And considering that all he talked about was his ex, that's a good thing.

I am still cautiously optimistic when it comes to considering these people friends. Time will tell; I have only known most of these people for a few weeks.

I learned my lesson from last week and only drank two glasses of iced tea, and ate one of their house salads. I think I ended the day at about 1600 calories, and today I hit 1500 calories. I am weighing myself on Sunday morning, so it is very light eating for me tomorrow.

Last night, since I hadn't drunk a lot of caffeine, I fell asleep very quickly, and stayed asleep for most of the night. And since I haven't been overeating, I haven't taken the guilt from that to bed with me. Granted, I still have the anxiety over the car (and I almost had a heart attack when I saw my property tax bill today), but that will eventually get resolved.

But with that, I am heading to bed. After being up until almost midnight last night, I am slightly fatigued.

Eric Out.

No comments: