I can state with enough surety that I survived the first three days back at work. I have begun the walking routine again. I have even started eating less again.
So why do I feel so miserable?
Maybe because I'm tired. I woke up at three this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I worked the late shift on Tuesday, then worked from 11-9 yesterday, because the part-timer is still having problems with her mother. While I can sympathize, I am thinking that she is milking this for all it's worth. After that, I barely slept, and was back at work at 9:30 this morning.
Maybe because Julie discovered my Facebook page, even with a pseudonym. She had the nerve to call me at work last night and confront me on it, taking great umbrage that I didn't "friend" her. I've done this, and I would rather delete the page than have her on it. This is why I resisted getting a Facebook page all this time. I really don't want Julie knowing my business, and I didn't want my brother to think I gave into his pressure. But I don't want to lose touch with Kat, Trish, Joyce, and Dana. Once I can move, I can "unfriend" her and get on with my life.
Maybe because I'm looking at the Dulles Triangles event list for the coming month instead of fighting my chicken instinct and going to the happy hour tonight. But my nervousness still gets the best of me. Now that it has been a few weeks since the last event I went to (and I have had the opportunity to over-analyze every single thing I did and said), I am now convinced that everyone hated me, and that yes, I fucked it up.
There are a few events that I can attend this month. I can actually go to this month's Bad Movie Night. But to RSVP to this event requires me to call the organizers instead of emailing, and this could cause me to be rejected just based on my phone call. My schedule also works out that I could go to two meals and the bowling night, but I don't want to be where I'm not wanted, especially when one of those meals is hosted by Rob.
I suppose that as long as I'm a paying member, they just have to put up with me, unless I receive my $20 back.
Supposedly I am supposed to meet with Kari and Josie for lunch on Saturday. But I have yet to get any final details. Stay tuned for further updates on this. I suppose I should take the Princess Castle I got her out of the box by now.
I didn't mind working the extra time last night, because with three hours alone, I could read my magazines without fear of persecution, and I also get to get out of work at 4:30 tomorrow. That should be a good thing.
More later.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment