I have had what I consider a "normal" day off today for the first time in ages.
Justin and I were planning to have what was essentially going to be a rerun of our second date, the only differences being that it is July rather than February, and Julie would not be here to crash it. Unfortunately, Justin had to put his car in the shop. His oil seals are leaking, so his car will be out of commission for about three days.
Although I miss him, I really don't want to use that much gas to go all the way to Springfield, since I went to him last Sunday. Besides, the only decent kabob place (we both wanted kabobs) is here, and it would mean taking that trip four times. Does that make me a selfish loser? I don't know, but this is also complicated by the fact that I really don't want to go over to his house just to get cold-shouldered by his father. But we will be spending plenty of time together in about two weeks, when we go to his family reunion.
I told him about the new production values at "Guiding Light," and how he wants to watch it today. So at three o'clock this afternoon, we will be watching it together via telephone. I told him that he won't want to watch it anymore after ten minutes.
Recently, to save gas, I have been doing my day off mall walking at Tysons instead of Dulles Town Center. In order to have extra time for my Morning Civility, I have been eating breakfast at home, then going to the mall and walking, and then afterward, throwing my dork weights into the car, grabbing my newspaper, and walking to the nearest McDonald's. This way, the walking is done, and I can take as long as I want to do my crossword puzzles and read the paper, and just take my time. Then I can stroll back (across a six-lane highway), get in my car, and go home.
I will be walking to Target to meet Diane for kabobs tonight. I learned that it is only two and a half miles there, and any extra exercise will help reverse any effects of what I did on Sunday afternoon.
Yesterday, as planned, I announced to the assistant manager that the pants I was wearing were officially on their farewell tour, as I had purchased new ones. She gave me a big hug. After work, I took them to the tailor at the mall and they will be ready on Saturday. So now everyone will get off my back. Hallelujah.
1 comment:
Post a Comment