Saturday, July 19, 2008

Dispatch From The Fucking Cartier Pen...

This is from three this afternoon...

Cleo's friend "No-Tip" Matt has a blog, which I read but don't ever make comments, for fear that Cleo might discover this blog. He fancies himself a graphic artist, and sometimes puts some of his artwork on this blog. His artwork largely consists of copies of cartoon art, and art related to "Star Wars." He is obsessed with "Star Wars," and I can't help but notice that the recurring motif of his art is one of copyright infringement.

But what "No-Tip" does mostly on this blog is complain. The man does not have a positive thing to say about anything. Much like Julie, which is why he and Julie don't get along.

No topic is safe from his kvetching. From video games to movies (other than "Star Wars"), music to restaurants, he hates everything. So, since it is quiet at work, I am going to attempt a rebuttal and talk about some things that actually make me happy.

1. Quiet evenings at my perch. When Cleo and Julie leave me alone, I enjoy coming home, getting a shower, getting into my pajamas, and planting myself on the sofa. I wrap the Elmo blanket around me, fire up the computer and the XM Radio, and just relax. As much as I love my friends, sometimes I just prefer to sit and chill.

2. My morning routine on my days off. Currently, this involves eating breakfast at home, waling, and then heading for a drink and to read the paper, as well as doing the crossword right there. I feel so much more relaxed, as I am not on anyone's schedule but my own. And if I feel like having seventeen cups of diet soda, I don't have to feel guilty taking twenty trips to the bathroom.

3. Josie. She is a blessing to all of us, not to mention a really sweet little girl. As anyone who reads this blog knows, I don't see her nearly enough, and it eats me up inside.

4. Hanging out with my friends. From dinner with Diane to going to movies with Beth to prowling the mall with Justin, I have some great people in my life. They all have special places in my heart, and, in the case of Justin, my bed. Sometimes.

5. Watching cartoons on DVD. I am not a person who watches a lot of movies on television, so my DVD collection primarily consists of cartoons and bear porn. I fantasize about hunkering down during a snowstorm and having a Spongebob marathon, but I mostly wind up watching the Weather Channel. One of these days this will happen.

6. Crappy pop music. I may be an oaf, but I really like music by the likes of Cascada and Britney Spears. Deal with it.

This is not an all-inclusive list, but sometimes I like to focus on the slightly more positive aspects of my life. And after my rough day yesterday (Petunia Gray called off yet again with another really convenient migraine), I needed to take a trip to my Happy Place.

No comments: