Even though I am on vacation, I still began my day by setting my alarm for 6:30 this morning. I wanted to get to Tysons to walk, since I hadn't done so in four days. I could definitely feel it in my arms by the time I was on lap number three. Midway through this lap, Justin called to ask me if I had any plans after walking. I told him that I was planning to go to Jiffy Lube to get my oil changed, and then I could meet him for lunch.
Once I was done (at a cost of about $250), I went out to Springfield, where we went to Ruby Tuesday. Knowing that I was trying to offset the sins of the family reunion, I just got the salad bar. We then went to Walmart so I could pick up a couple of staples, and then went to the Ghetto Mall.
We basically walked for a while, when Julie called to tell me that she had come home sick, and not to be surprised to find her there. This was all the incentive I needed to stay out for a while longer, stopping walking only to get a popcorn at the Target.
But at about six, I realized that I needed to get going, so we parted ways. I stopped at Fair Oaks to have a sub at Subway, and then came home.
Julie informed me that one of her new kittens had a fever and was limping. I didn't say anything because the first thought I had was "oh God, here we go again with feline drama." But she then got on me about this, and I told her that I really didn't know what to say, but I was sorry to hear about that. And I am. In spite of all of her crap, I don't wish anything bad on here. I especially don't wish any ill on her cats. They are completely innocent little critters.
Upon my arrival at home, I also mixed a package of vanilla pudding and opened a letter from something marked "Subscription Department." In it was a computer-generated letter regarding my email to Genre Magazine earlier this month, stating that my subscription was to start with the September issue, and that the invoice would be mailed along with it. Even though I got an answer faster from Instinct via email, I am glad that this mystery is solved. Now I am wondering where my copy of Instinct is; according to the email I received from them, my issue should arrive at the end of July. Today is July 28th. I sure hope it arrives soon.
Tomorrow is not going to be the best day, but I plan to make the best of it. Justin and Beth are going to be with me as I go lay another rubber ducky on Cathleen's grave, and then we are going to have lunch at The Broiler. It has become a tradition for me: February 14th (Cathleen's birthday) and July 29 (the anniversary of her passing)seem to be the only days I eat at The Broiler. We will discuss more on this tomorrow. I am sorry that I didn't put photos here this time, but there will always be another entry.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment