Thursday, July 31, 2008

I'm A Teenager. Again.

Back in March, I wrote this in which I said that my missing Justin made me no better than my old friend Angela. Well, here is another example of how I am pretending to be a teenager. 

Let's put this into fuchsia. Even since I got back from Justin's family reunion, I have managed to spend every single day in a mall. I have walked every day at Tysons, but I am not counting that. On Monday, I was also at Springfield Mall and Fair Oaks (getting dinner, but it still counts!), on Tuesday, I was at Tysons after it had opened, earlier to just look around, and later to see a movie. Then, after walking, I spent time hanging out at Tysons, then went to Landmark to kill time while I waited for Beth to wake up. She has not gotten a lot of sleep lately, so she was trying to do that. So, to kill time waiting for her yesterday, I did my walking, did three crosswords at McDonald's, went to Target for a popcorn, went to the Burger King near Beth's and did two more crossword puzzles (including last Sunday's), I had hoped that Beth would have called at this point (since it was one o'clock in the afternoon by then), but she didn't, and I went to Landmark, also known as Ghetto Mall #2. She finally called me a little bit after two, and I went over to her house.

We lolled around a little, and then Beth invited a couple of friends of hers over, and we went to the pool. With all of the extra exercise I did (and the fact that I saw myself in the mirror at Landmark and saw how thin I am), I made it another "cheat day". And once I get back to work, I will be going back to my dieting anyway, so I can undo any damage I did this week. 

But I am digressing. At 7:30, Beth and I went to Freddie's for dinner ($5 burgers!) and bingo. It got started a little late, and Beth was exhausted, so we left right after Regina and Ophelia did their performances. Neither of us won anything, and I hope that once we go back, Beth will be a little more alert. 

This whole "staycation" business has its ups and downs. I never thought I, at the ripe old age of 36, could actually hang out at the mall and enjoy it. On my way back from walking this morning, I was thinking about driving to Dulles Town Center for a while, but I opted instead to come home. I also was interested in going to the pool, but it is now raining. So I am here, writing in this blog. 

Here are a couple of photos from my trip:


Here are Justin and Lucy:

Here are a couple of photos from our trip to the New River:



And one of me looking extremely masculine:


More photos, I am sure, are to come.

Eric Out.

No comments: