After spending entirely too much time wondering if my subscriptions to "Genre" and "Instinct" went through (not having received a bill or anything), I went to both magazines' websites and sent letters to both of their respective customer service departments. "Instinct" has responded, saying that they got my postcard on June 20, and my first issue will be the August issue, which will arrive at the end of the month, and a bill will come about six weeks later. Although I have no idea how it could take three weeks for them to receive a postcard, I will take the answer with a bit of relief.
When I filled out the form for "Genre", it responded something along the lines of "your request has been processed, and you will receive your first issue within six to eight weeks." Groovy. That tells me nothing, and makes me more nervous, since now I am wondering if I have inadvertently subscribed twice. They will hear from me if it turns out that I did.
Perhaps "Genre" should pay a little more attention to its new subscribers and spend less money making slick ads like this one:
Perhaps then I would get a straight answer (no pun intended) from them.
However, there is nothing quite like a little bit of eye candy to perk up my blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment