For a while, at least.
It was, as usual, with a good bit of nervousness that I weighed myself this morning. Since I had eaten at a pizza buffet last Sunday, had eaten a kabob (with three donuts for dessert) on Tuesday, and I had extra food on Friday, due to the extended shift I worked. So I was concerned.
I am pleased that for the third weigh-in in a row, I was at 152.5. So today is a "cheat day," although we will not be having one like I had three weeks ago, which was nearly 7,000 calories. But the fact is that with all that extra eating, I still stayed the same weight. This gives me an idea about how much I can eat and how I can mitigate more indulgent days.
I am working the next ten days. Every single one of these is going to be a day shift, and they all are either 9-6 or 9:30-6:30. Justin and I will be having dinner on Wednesday night, as a rain check for last Friday. I am going to watch the money pile up, since I will have eight hours of overtime this week, as well as three hours or so on this coming check from this week and last.
I am sitting here in the dining room, while Julie and Cleo are in the living room. Cleo is offended because I wanted to work at the dining room table instead of on the sofa right next to him. I just don't want them to know about this blog (which is why they have aliases here), and if Cleo is sitting right next to me, he might see what I am typing. Since I am at the table, they can just think I am writing an email to Kyle.
Speaking of emails to Kyle, I sent him one on Tuesday. I told him that this coming December will mark the thirtieth anniversary of our mother's death, and I thought it would be nice if he and I would go in together and put an "In Memoriam" in the newspaper that day. He did this last year on the first anniversary of Cathleen's death, so he knows the procedures and the costs. He thought it was a good idea, if a little expensive.
A few months ago, I mentioned to my father that I was going to mention it to him, and my father took a negative attitude toward it. He said that "people might not like it." Yeah, Dad. People named Bette. Bette doesn't read the paper, however, so she won't know unless my father points it out to her. I am not discussing it with my father again. He acts like my mother never existed, yet my brother and I look a lot like her. If Kyle and I do this, I will not be mentioning it to him. If he sees it in the paper on the second of December, I don't care. If he tells Bette (which would be the epitome of stupidity on his part), she can fucking get over it. My mother is Kathleen, regardless of what my birth certificate says.
I got up this morning and power walked, then read the paper, as usual. I got home to find Julie on the computer, and she was wanting to hang out. Cleo asked me if I wanted to go for a walk with him. I said yes, since I seldom get time alone with him. Fortunately, her friend Kelly wanted to meet her at the mall, so a big thank you goes out to Kelly, as it saved me an afternoon of agony.
I am hoping to have dinner with Beth tonight, as she owes me dinner from a couple of weeks ago. But the truth is that even if she didn't owe me a dinner, I am hoping to spend time with her. She is, after all, my Number One Fag Hag, and even if it involved having a bottomless soda at Burger King. Let's just say that I would rather eat a Quarter Pounder with Cheese with Beth than Morton's with Julie.
No comments:
Post a Comment