Friday, July 31, 2009

400 Posts! Still With Nothing Interesting To Say!!!

I am now home, and everything is unpacked and put away. I had no laundry to do because my aunt took care of all of it. My iPod is charging on my computer because my charger is no longer working. I walked four laps this evening at the mall, and two miles outside to Burger King and back to read the paper this afternoon. I have had a kabob, and I have stocked the refrigerator and freezer with two weeks' worth of breakfasts and lunches (as well as some Liquid Plumr, since I had standing water in my bathroom sink). I guess I'm ready to go back to work tomorrow, where I can undo the eating damage I have done during the last two weeks.

Unfortunately, I don't go back to work until Tuesday. So I have three more days to fuck it up even further.

My drive home was the absolute antithesis of my drive home in April. There were no automotive problems, I had very little traffic, and I took a grand total of one five-minute break in Emmitsburg to return the coffee I had borrowed at my aunt's house. After unpacking, I waded through the pile of mail I had received (including a book order), and walked to mail off that bill and have my time at Burger King.

It was a welcome relief to have my Washington Post back. The Patriot-News is not exactly a great periodical. And although I am sad that the state workers in Pennsylvania aren't getting paid right now, the news of their budget crisis fails to affect me too much. The one redeeming part of the Patriot-News is their comics page. The comics are always in color, and they have a word search, the Jumble, and two crosswords (with a third one in the classifieds, for some reason). My uncle is probably relieved that his comics page will come to him without being covered in blue ink now that I am gone.

The dinner with Rachel was a nice affair, even though I don't think Rachel really appreciated that I stayed an extra day just so I could celebrate her birthday. When she ran into a friend of hers at the restaurant, she introduced everyone except for me. Oh well. That was when I said goodbye to the boys, and I finally got a hug from Ben. I didn't from Chris, but he is getting to big to hug me. He is going to be twelve in September, his voice is starting to change, and he is almost taller than I am. I got permission from BethAnne to send him a card with a bikini-clad bimbo for his birthday. 

I hope that I can get a better night's sleep tonight than I did last night; I woke up at 4:30 in the morning and never got back to sleep. I have done my first walk of a new streak, and I hope to get up early enough to get to the mall and use the weights again. My arms will be absolutely killing me, but I have to get back on track with my exercise, and hopefully the eating will follow.

Eric Out.

No comments: