Saturday, July 11, 2009

Had A Bad Week? Clean The Bathroom!!!

From a pen at work today, from 5:01-5:23 pm:

With 54 minutes left in my shift (largely made bearable only by virtue of an absorbing book), I once again pick up a pen to scribble a few journal thoughts.

Although I am about to bore myself silly writing about magazines, it will be far more upbeat than the past two entries. Basically, the magazine drought is soon to be over.

As I reported before, this was the year in which one of my monthlies went quarterly (Mad), one biweekly went monthly (Advocate), and one folded entirely (Genre). Making things more irritating is that Out and Advocate have this gimmick where they publish these so-called "double issues" for what is dated June/July. Basically, these issues are exactly the same length as the others, only they publish one (or, in the case of Out, two) fewer issues a year. So, with no issues of Advocate, Out, or Mad in June, it had been a sad walk to the mailbox last month. It would appear that the presses have begun to roll again. I finally got a new Advocate the other day, and there should be a new Out in the next week, if not today [note: it didn't arrive.]. As for Mad, I just have to wait until next month.

I don't want to stay up too late tonight. Tomorrow, my plan is to get up as early as I can so I can catch a cheap screening of "BrĂ¼no" after walking. As for the rest of the day, "who knows" is also my mantra for dinner tonight. I have eaten about 850 calories for the day, so basically I can eat what I want, within reason. I have a feeling I know where I'll be going.

I also have a feeling that I am not mentioning the titles of my stupid magazines in a handwritten entry with that much frequency again. Switching back and forth with the italics is a real pain in the neck.

After wrapping up another lousy day, I had dinner, and came home. It has gotten so tense that yesterday found me discussing my "problem" (you know who) with the HR manager. I told her what has been going on in the office, and she seemed to pay attention, mentioning that in nearly ten years, this was the first time I went to her for any problems with my work. I let her know that this person has the tendency to start trouble every time I am getting ready to go on vacation, which will be happening in less than two weeks. So she is aware that we are soon to have another snap (and I told her about the whole Instinct mess, since I am sure she will hear about it again when the snap happens).

Since no one was home, I stripped down to my skivvies, put on some loud, aggressive music ("My December" by Kelly Clarkson), and got busy cleaning the bathroom. It was getting really nasty in there, and although I wanted to hold out until right before I left for Pennsylvania, I knew it was just to gross to do so. Cleo is home now, and I hope he didn't walk on the clean kitchen floor. I told him I left the light on so the floor would dry faster.  

So tomorrow, I hope to be up and out the door by 6:45, and walking by eight. I just have to wait for my laundry to hurry up and get done. I also am waiting for the bathroom floor to dry. That could take forever. 

But my mood is a little bit better than it was the last time I wrote. I still am annoyed about work, but we will see how that goes.

Eric Out. 

No comments: