A long time ago, my assistant manager (who makes the schedule) was concerned about giving me a ten-day stretch. I told her that I knew that she had to do this, and she would not hear me complain about it whatsoever. Somewhere along the line, it got turned into a twelve-day stretch, and she told me that because I did not complain, she would make her tuna stuff on the twelfth day.
So last July, she did the same thing, on the seventh of ten days. And since today is the last day that she will see me before I go away, she made her tuna stuff today. And since it is very low in calories, I could still eat what I usually do and top out at about 2000 calories. If I can consistently eat 2000 calories and not go berserk on my days off, I will never have to diet again or worry about all of this nonsense about offsetting calories and whatnot. And I can do that. And since my allotment is 2500 calories a day, I might even get myself back to the weight I was when people thought I was getting too skinny.
Tomorrow will mark my one hundredth consecutive day of walking, which might be derailed by a nasty blister on my heel. I had tried to cushion it with a folded tissue, but the blood soaked right through that, my sock, and stained the inside of my shoe. I changed the tissue a couple of times, and that helped. But it seems hard to believe that it has been that long since I last had a day without walking. I have to keep it up, though, because who knows how much of a chance I will have in Pennsylvania.
I work the late shift tomorrow, and that means we will be doing what I call "walking schedule B": no weights, walking from my office to the mall, perhaps going to purchase a Washington Times afterward to read (and have an extra crossword puzzle to do), and just keep on counting the minutes until my vacation starts. I still have some laundry to do before I go, but I went and got my hair cut and my eyebrows waxed. I need to do the latter a little more often, as it hurt more than usual.
I have downloaded two new songs: "Fire Burning" by Sean Kingston, and "Battlefield" by Jordin Sparks. "Battlefield" is quite a song: I couldn't tell you the tune of the verses, but the chorus and the bridge have managed to get stuck in my head every single time I hear the song. It is the definition the term "ear worm". "Fire Burning" would be a good example of what one of my coworkers describes as "bouncy bouncy".
With these downloads, and a look at my iTunes library, I decided that it was time to do a little bit of housecleaning. There were a bunch of songs that I had uploaded from CDs that I had long since deleted from my iPod, and were now just taking up space on my hard drive. So those songs had to go. If I need them again, I can always upload them again. I also realized that I had not backed up my iTunes store purchases since last May, so I did that as well. So if my computer crashes (God forbid), I will be just fine as far as rescuing my music. Since I only download legally, I paid good money for these songs. So from my very first music download ("My Humps") to my most recent one ("Battlefield"), all 238 songs I have purchased are backed up.
It is now almost eleven o'clock, and I am soon to be heading toward the direction of my bed. I am very tired, and anxious about what the next two days will bring. Let's hope for the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment