Thursday, July 16, 2009

I Sense A Tradition Starting!

First, I want to say how nice it is to go to work when I don't have to walk on eggshells. I have five more days of this, and then I only have to deal with it for one day before my vacation starts.

For some reason, Toyota sent me another bill already, even though my first car payment isn't even due until 7/27. It has only been three and a half weeks since the last one, and that got paid promptly, so here we are with another bill, and it isn't due until 8/27.

Since I want to keep things up-to-date, I decided to go ahead and pay it off. And since I was at loose ends this evening, I wrote out the check, and once again walked to the mailbox to mail it, a mile in each direction.

I think that this would be a cool tradition to keep up; walking to remind myself of driving. I wonder if I can keep up with that once it starts getting cold, or getting dark at five. We shall see.

I thought about picking up a Washington Times and making an Evening Civility out of it, but I didn't want to dawdle around at the Burger King. For one thing, drinking Diet Coke at eight at night is not the best thing for folks who want to go to sleep. Second, walking in the dark around here is not advisable.

So I came home jumped in the shower (without even sitting down first), and now I am heading to bed in a few minutes. I guess the temporary relief of work stress is finally making the fact that I haven't slept well catch up to me.

I have been pretty good about eating since my last day off: 1600 calories each day, not to mention a good bit of extra walking. I hope that I can keep it up. I'm hungry right now. That is a good state to be in. 

I am getting tired and making lots of typos (thank heaven for spell check), so I am going to sleep. More later.

Eric Out.

No comments: