Back when I worked at McDonald's, they had a motto: "If you have time to lean, you have time to clean." Yesterday, I was working the late shift, and, since I was counting the days until vacation, was getting very antsy. Since it was a quiet night, I proceeded to clean my entire desk area. I threw junk away, pulled every single thing out of my desk drawer and wiped it out (it's unbelievable how much dirt can collect in a desk drawer), and brought a lot of junk home. I also took all of my books, magazines, and the like with me, leaving only a book of word search puzzles. That activity made the evening go quickly.
Today was my last day before my vacation. I half expected it to be nightmarish, but it went all right. I am now done until the fourth of August, and I am writing this as I procrastinate packing. I don't really know why I am doing this; it isn't like me to put it off.
But think about it, dear readers: today was my eighth day in a row working, both of my colleagues have been on vacation, and I have been really emotionally drained. Even walking was a challenge, since my brown shoes are now causing nasty blisters on my feet. Yesterday (day 100 of walking), I had blood seep through my sock and stain my pant cuffs. I used a different pair of shoes today.
But I don't really know when I am leaving tomorrow. The past couple of trips have found me leaving on a Sunday, so rush hour traffic was not an issue. Since tomorrow is Thursday, I don't know what will happen, or if I will make it to day 102 of walking.
But one thing I am not going to do is predict that it will be a boring trip. We all know what happened last time I said this. With this, I will be ending this entry and packing up my laptop.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment