After getting ten inches of rain in both May and June, it has barely rained at all in July. I came up here today, and as soon as I got here, it started raining. It cleared up a little bit, and now it is absolutely pouring once again.
Today is my aunt's birthday. Her age is the favorite number of the hosts at bingo. Let's do it Nellie's style:
CHILDREN, WHAT'S OUR FAVORITE NUMBER? O-69!!!
So my uncle, aunt, and I went to lunch at my favorite cheese steak place (picked by my aunt, not by me!), and at dinner, my uncle presented her with a stale cupcake with a candle on it. I don't consider this to be adequate, so while my aunt was at Bible School, I insisted that my uncle and I go to the grocery store and get a proper cake. So right in front of me, still in the plastic sack, is a chocolate peanut butter cake (with the stale cupcake on top). I have a feeling that she will definitely know that it was our choice, since both my uncle and I love peanut butter and chocolate.
We also went to Blockbuster and rented two movies, one of which is "Mamma Mia!" and the other is some old B&W movie from the 1950's. My uncle is watching that one now. My aunt and I will be watching my choice some other night...I did bring a couple of "Dan Box" movies with me, but I don't think that would go over too well.
Of course, on my last July vacation, Justin and I saw "Mamma Mia!" in the theatre. I don't know why I torture myself.
Taking my new car out on the open highway was great. I wound up getting forty miles to the gallon, and my aunt and uncle think it is a great car. I just hope nothing happens to it like last time I was here.
But I am now here. If the weather improves, we are going to the zoo tomorrow with the boys. That should be fun. A report will follow in my next entry.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment