Friday, September 25, 2009

Feeling Better.

I am on the mend, thankfully. The coughing is down to a minimum, as is the sneezing.

When I went back to work on Thursday, I was surprised to find that NOBODY gave me any grief about anything. I have not bothered to button the second button my shirt, and I heard nothing. Of course, most of the time, people (including myself) were too busy to care, but it is nice to have the spotlight off me. But that might change tomorrow. The two people who make life the roughest for me are working tomorrow with me (one of whom has been gone for ten days), so I don't know what to expect. I am almost finished with the book I am currently reading, so I need to bring a new one with me tomorrow. I have a feeling it will be a "tune in/tune out" kind of day tomorrow.

Last night, I took more Tylenol Cold, then popped a movie into the DVD player. I watched about forty-five minutes before the medicine took effect and I was out like a light. The only problem was that a little after ten, Justin called me. I stumbled to the phone to find him telling me all about how he applied for a position in Loss Prevention where he works, and he had an interview the next day. He clearly could tell that I was out of it, so he got off the phone and I went to sleep, dreaming about scarfing junk food all night. I guess I should be glad that the calories consumed in Dreamland don't count.

Justin was doing this sort of thing before, at his old store. He was so desperate to do something other than what he was doing that he was applying for positions all over the store, and other stores locally, since it seemed that he was being passed over for what he wanted, which was a promotion to the next level of management. Now that he has pulled up stakes and moved to Florida, I am wondering if he is being passed over again, and is now doing the same thing.

I also noticed on his MySpace page that is now talking about how Ronnie is "the best boyfriend ever" and that he "can't wait until they are married." Guess what? He used to say the same thing about me. So we have to take this with a grain salt. Actually, more like a shaker of salt. I wonder if Ronnie knows about this. The big difference is that it really isn't my problem. Why I have just devoted eleven lines of text on this blog to this event is beyond me. So let's talk about something else.

After writing that last bit, I got up, showered, washed my pan from dinner, and am now back. I also am waiting for the dishwasher to finish so I can empty it. Cleo is at an event (no doubt naked and welcoming all cummers), and since Julie doesn't know the dishwasher from a hole in the ground, if I want clean dishes, I have to run and empty the thing myself. Perhaps I should be glad I am working all weekend.

I am off for three days once again next weekend: Friday through Sunday. I wonder if my family will be in town for a quick visit. I guess I have to call to find out. But I'll do that later.

I am out of insights and news, so it is time to call it a night.

Eric Out.

No comments: