I am off tomorrow, and I worked the late shift tonight. I had planned to go to Freddie's, grab the microphone, and sing my stress away. Why should I suffer in silence when I can make a bunch of drunk queens suffer with my caterwauling?
Unfortunately, the sinus trouble I reported in my last entry did turn into a full-fledged cold, and my nose is stuffy, in addition to the coughing that is starting as well. Working this evening also completely killed my voice (I'm now a bass!), so going to karaoke would have been a dumb idea. Plus, since I am not much of a drinker, I would probably have eaten a meal at Freddie's that I shouldn't have. So instead of pushing myself any further (after going out last night; more on that coming up), I came home, had a couple of Boca Burgers on English muffins (making about 2000 calories for the day, but a helluva lot of fiber!), and came down here. I have showered, and I am waiting for the bathroom to de-steam so I can take some cold medicine and hit the bed. I cannot believe how puffy my face is looking right now, but when I am sick I retain water, probably so that I can eject it out of my nose in snot form. There is no way I could have eaten enough to make my face get this fat in three days.
I didn't feel that great last night either, but if I miss bowling, I still have to pay the weekly fee. So after work, I went to McDonald's for dinner (I think I had about 2100 calories yesterday), and went to the bowling alley. My scores were mixed (I managed to pull a couple of decent games out of my ass in the last few frames), but I had fun. I still am completely plagued with doubt as to who likes me and who doesn't; I am sure that my insecurity shows. I know that a couple of the folks seem to have taken a shine to me, but I never can be quite sure. And our official team name? The Hoovers. Why? Because...WE SUCK!!! And we're not that great at bowling, either!!!
In spite of my not feeling so great, I have still been doing my walking. Today is day number fifty-four. Quite a streak I've got going!
Julie and Cleo are overreacting to this cold. Julie is convinced that I am going to give it to her, and she has a colleague at work who, if she gets a cold, could be in the emergency room. Cleo thinks I have swine flu. Jeepers Creepers, it's just a damn cold! I don't feel nearly as bad as I did back in December when I had mumps (or whatever that was).
So...I think it is time for a certain sick boy to head to his bedroom, where I will wait for the Tylenol Cold to kick in, and dream about some guy with a chest that is so hairy that the skin from where it comes is invisible. Buh-Bye!
Eric Out (Achoo!)
No comments:
Post a Comment