Monday, September 28, 2009

Ready To Call It A Day

All I have to do now is just wait for the bathroom to get a little less steamy, and then it is time for me to go to bed. But while I wait, here are the thoughts of my day.

It was pretty much a standard Monday off; walking, chilling at home, and then heading to the bowling alley, stopping for an early dinner and to get my eyebrows done.

I still don't have the slightest clue what most of these people think of me, but I know one person (the partner of the league secretary) has clearly taken a shine to me. He has been extremely friendly to me ever since I arrived for the organizational meeting, and today he greeted me at the door with a full-on, mouth-to-mouth kiss. So I am guessing he likes me okay.

I have been borrowing a pair of shoes from the league secretary ever since bowling started, with the idea the Sports Authority was going to call me when the shoes I ordered had arrived. They never called, so this week I asked him if I could buy the shoes from him outright. He said I could keep them. That was mighty kind of him.

We lived up to our team name this week; I bowled three lousy games. A fella from the opposite team finally noticed our team name (this was the first week it was on the computer screen), and thought it was the funniest thing he had heard in a long time.

Of course, I have no idea what to expect tomorrow at work, but I know that all three of us will be there. How that will affect the day is a mystery. I hope it is a good day. But for now, I am hitting the spell check icon, the full justify icon, the "publish" button, and clocking out for the night.

Eric Out.

No comments: