I enter this vacation hoping for the best.
If you have been reading this blog with any regularity, you know what happened during my Easter vacation last year; I came home from my vacation with a bashed-in car, a pile of videos that my uncle wanted out of his sight, and a new boss. Let's hope that nothing this dramatic happens.
But unlike last year, I will not say that my blog entries will become boring while I am in Pennsylvania. I had to eat those words.
I went to McDonald's and found Mike there, so we sat and chatted. I haven't had a chance to read the paper there for a couple of days. And I know that the phone number he gave me was real and not one of those "rejection hotline" numbers (I had Sean call it yesterday). He knows that I am going out of town.
If I indeed have made a new friend (and, I reiterate, a friend), Morning Civility just might get a little more civil.
I plodded through work, getting more antsy with each passing hour (made worse because both Problem Coworkers were being difficult, #1 more so than #2), until the time came for me to run out of there. I had already packed up a lot of my stuff and stored it in my locker and car, so it was a matter of vamoosing when the time came.
I came home to find nobody home; I had long since decided that I would ring in my vacation with grilled chicken tenders from the Buffalo Wing Factory, and I decided to walk up there. I know that it was getting dark, but once again I figured that if I can hike up there twice a day in a blinding blizzard, I can hoof it up there on a 70ยบ night. After it got dark, I just walked fast and kept the eyeballs moving.
I could have gone to Freddie's, but I don't know if I am quite ready to face everyone there yet. There is always tomorrow.
Julie was a little bit cheesed off at me last night. I told her that my strategy for talking to gay men was to treat them as if they were ugly straight men, and that it seems to be working. Her response was "so do you treat straight men like gay men?" I told her yes; as soon as she was asleep, Cleo meets me in the living room and I suck his dick. Although I am clearly kidding, she really gets bothered with these types of comments. If she didn't think Cleo was gay, it wouldn't.
So now I am back home, running another load of wash, and figuring out what to pack for my trip. Let's face facts, though: all I really need to remember is my medication and my clothes, Anything else I might need is readily available at Walmart.
Elaine is coming over tonight, and I have been asked to pick up a prescription for her tomorrow. Although Julie was the one to ask me this, I am doing it for Elaine. She has been through enough even before she had her surgery today. I hope she will be okay.
In addition to packing tomorrow, I also have to go pick up some vitamins and some Korean Crack for bowling (to make sure I have it), and restock the freezer with frozen lunches for when I get back. So I am heading to bed in a few minutes.
Eric Out.
No comments:
Post a Comment