Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Yes, I'm Still Here.

I think that four days without a blog post is a record recently. But I haven't had a whole lot of time to post. But I am still alive.

The first part of Monday was spent driving home. I put the gay talk channel on the satellite radio, and just drove. I only took two slight breaks (one to get a soda and a couple of donuts at Sheetz, the other to return said soda to the ecosystem), and was home fairly quickly. I unpacked, and then chilled for a while before I decided to walk to Burger King to read my newspaper.

For the record, I don't think I won the last DVD giveaway that I entered from Instinct. If I had, I would have received it by now. I am not upset; I am thankful that they deemed four of my entries worthy of a prize. I plan to write them a letter thanking them. My winter was truly the worst one since 2003 as far as weather is concerned, the worst one since 2006 as far as emotions were concerned. Winning those movies was a nice perk that made it slightly more bearable. Granted, I wonder if I will ever gain more self-confidence meeting folks, but everyone is a work in progress. But I digress.

Bowling was absolutely abysmal this time around as far as scores were concerned; as for the rest, who the hell knows. I did my darnedest to be friendly, and some folks responded in kind, others I avoided. But the Korean Crack went over well.

For the most part, the anxiety over going back to work overshadowed everything, and I saw Coworker #2 a couple of hours before I had to go to work, and I got filled in on what I missed. For the most part, things are the norm: I am inexplicably on someone's shit list (currently the Secret Santa Organizer), Coworker #1 is repeating the exact same things over and over, and the part-timer wants to stop working Sundays. I hope they will get a second part-timer to fill the gaps. I'm two days back, and I am ready for another vacation. My next one begins in fourteen weeks.

But I possibly have things to look forward to: if I can get back in touch with Mike and he is still game, hopefully we will go out on Saturday like we had discussed. And on Sunday, I am supposed to go to XO's house. (and to XO: is everything under control so I can come visit? I have your bag of Korean Crack as well...and happy birthday!)

Tonight I have been trying to distract myself so I don't eat; it apparently worked. It was extremely rough squeezing into my work pants on Tuesday morning after two weeks of indulgence. But I managed to get to the end of the day without eating. It took me going out this evening, mailing my car payment (forty-nine more to go!) and getting gasoline to take my mind off eating. Let's do it again tomorrow.

So I am heading to bed. It will undoubtedly be another rough day tomorrow, so let's head in the direction of the bedroom.

Yawn. Eric Out.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmm! Korean Crack! ;-)

Thank you for the birthday wishes! Oh, how did 26 creep up on me so fast, I ask you? ;-P

XO