Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Commitment Is Complete. So Now What?

Thirty-one weeks ago, I began my bowling league, where I truly expected everyone to hate me. While that may seem a little extreme, after all this time, I have no idea what people really think of me. But I suppose that if I would get over my fear of being hated and quit keeping everyone at arms' length, I would have more success meeting people.

I have four months to decide if I am going to be back next year. I don't know. Probably. Now I am wondering what I am going to do with myself on Monday nights until September.

Bowling pretty much wrapped up with two mediocre games and one rotten one. It got to the point during the first game (which was the rotten one) that Hub asked me if everything was going all right. In past weeks, when my bowling was off, I was in a rotten mood for some reason or another.

The truth was that my mood was just fine, but my back was still bothering me. As expensive as it is going to be, I might have to bite the bullet and go see the doctor.

But Hub did have a point when it comes to my mood, but most of that was in February, which was absolutely horrible. But he had to notice that I was pretty chatty last night; when I am in a funk, I get very quiet.

I also learned that shish kabob is not what one should eat before bowling; with the amount of salt in kabobs, it makes my fingers swell up to the point that they get stuck in the holes in my bowling ball.

In spite of the banquet money being donated to the scholarship fund for our fallen comrade, we are still getting together for an end-of-the-season party next Monday, at Cobalt (which, by the way, is where I went in June to find an empty bar instead of the '80s night). I am glad that I am off next Monday. I plan to scout around Dupont Circle and find some other bars. Now that the weather is getting nicer, it is time for me to look into going out more. I wonder where the blind people and people with really low standards hang out?

So I am off the next two days. I hope I can find something interesting to do with them. I might go to Freddie's for bingo tomorrow for the first time if five months; I have been kind of resistant to going there, since I really don't want to run into certain people. But we will see about that.

I hope you enjoyed that song. I think it is extremely depressing, but I wanted to make sure that no one thought I had abandoned my blog since I hadn't posted in a few days. But not much has happened that is worth mentioning.

Eric Out.

No comments: