Thursday, January 17, 2008

Another Slow Day at Harris Teeter

All week long, they have been calling for snow that was supposed to start today. I never really know what to believe anymore, so I just took a "wait and see" approach to it. I waited and saw nothing happening this morning, but they promised 1-4 inches of snow, and that it would start in the middle of the morning.

It did snow, but the temperature never got below freezing. I had decided that I would not be walking tonight anyway (after ten consecutive days, I decided to take a night off), and I got off at seven. After hanging out and talking to my boss for half an hour, I got on the road.

I guess it was good that I worked until seven; while there was a warning on the toll road about icy roads, I didn't have any problems, and got home in less than half an hour. I mixed up some instant pudding and a nuked a can of soup, and had dinner. Julie and I split the pudding, and after some graham crackers, my total for the day was 1415 calories. I stepped on the scale this morning to find that I was at 158.5 pounds. This was a relief, considering all the eating I did last weekend. I was able to balance it out and get myself back on track.

I am off tomorrow, and I am living for the Morning Civility and the walking. I am having kabobs with Diane tomorrow, and on Sunday she is making her fourteen-hour pork and sauerkraut in the crock pot. So I will be eating healthy on those two days off.

The big hurtle will be Saturday, as it is supposed to snow again. Hopefully this one will not be bad either.

I'm sorry that these past couple of entries have been so bland, but right now I could use a little bit of bland in my life. Good night.

No comments: