...that Julie is giving me a very easy out of this house. It's too late for a thirty-day notice now, but I will speak to her, and, pleading poverty, agree to her stupid demands on a month-to-month basis.
I went to visit my family this weekend (weighing in at 158.5 pounds before my trip), and while it was a short visit, it was a nice visit. I got to meet a new member of my family, Keara. She is my second cousin once removed, and Josie's third cousin. She is not a particularly cute baby (her face looks kind of flat), but she is a very sweet-tempered one.
I also am wondering how BethAnne's kids can do homework in such a chaotic house. After dinner last night, I gave Chris (age 10) a spelling quiz, but it was virtually impossible to even tell him the words with all the racket. Once that was done (and not particularly well), I was told to help Sam (age 5) with his letter flashcards.
What a mistake that was. First, Sam cannot speak properly, even at this late age. The two older boys both had speech problems, but they had outgrown them by age five. I can't understand Sam most of the time, and by the time I get around to figuring out his speech patterns, it's time for me to go home. But trying to get him to read letters was an exercise in futility. He was just calling out letters at random (his first guess for every single one of them was "K"), and even when he was saying letters, he didn't pronounce them correctly. He guessed "P", and it sounded like "Pia" (as in Zadora), and he did the same thing for all other letters that ended with the long "E" sound.
I have always opined that Sam is gay. Now I am opining that he has a learning disability.
On Saturday night, I went out for dinner with my aunt and uncle, and two of their friends, named Bob and Lucinda. I thought they were nice people, and I knew full well that I had been the subject of discussion before, at least as far as Bob was concerned. Bob and my aunt used to work together. We went to a German restaurant, and although I ate an awful lot, I find it hard to believe my body absorbed that many of the calories; as soon as I got home, I rushed to the bathroom and was there until my legs were numb. I ate cheddarwurst with sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, and a piece of cake. I also had a Miller Lite (shut up Kyle), for which I got carded. I find that hilarious, as did everyone at the table when it was revealed that I am thirty-six years old.
But now I am home, everything is unpacked and put away, and I have thrown together some clothes to start laundry. I will be off again on Friday, which will just be a blessedly normal day off. Of course I am nervous about stepping on the scale again, but I am not going to do so until I have had a few days of walking and eating normally. And maybe this time I will not weaken and step on it anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment